“Good little pizza place” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #467 of 1,272 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good little pizza place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Definitely a better place than any of the pizzerias along the more touristy areas on the beach. The staff was really nice and helpful too!

Visited October 2012

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best Pizza Crust-and Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We love the Piazza crust at Sal's. We did a 3 pizza challenge one evening and Sal's won The Best Crust .

This is an easy to find pizza place. A local find.
Enjoy!

Visited December 2011
virginia beach
“Best in town for over 20 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I went to Sals Bella Pizza last week for the first time because my friends recommended it. Ive heard a lot of great things about it online and from my coworkers. I LOVE pizza and my husband and I have been to every local joint in VaBeach. I didn't come to this one because I thought it was affiliated with the other "Sals" but it is not! I wish I would've known that earlier. Its independent and family-owned and operated. THIS IS THE BEST. The ingredients are fresh and the pizza is made RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. The dough is delicious and the cheese steak my husband ordered was excellent! We are now regulars and will be for time to come! Thanks you Sals Bella Pizza for showing us there is still authentic, homemade food in Virginia Beach!!!

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, VA
“Best New York Italian in Va Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

First of all, the TripAdvisor map to find Sal's is wrong. The address is correct; if you put that in your GPS, you'll find the restaurant in the King's Grant section of Va Beach, slightly off Va Beach Blvd in the little shopping center west of the Farm Fresh shopping center (for the locals, the Farrm Fresh is in the shopping center where Home Quarters/Ames used to be).

Sal's is an institution in this part of Va Beach, and has been here over 20 years serving the absolute best New York italian this side of Brooklyn. While the menu is extensive, their "Signature" pies and rolls are what the first-time initiate ought to start with. My favorite --- for over two years, when it was first introduced --- is the Eggplant Serenade white pie, which is the traditional white pie with breaded eggplant, onions, mushrooms and spoonfulls of fresh ricotta. While the pie ingredients are great, it's Sal's crusts that really set his work apart. All hand-made and tossed, with olive oil and fresh garlic (he'll adjust the amount of garlic, if you ask --- I like lots). Plus all the sauces are made here at the restaurant --- you won't find a better marinara anywhere. The only parts of the menu Sal doesn't make himself are the desserts, but I've only had room for dessert once in all the times I've eaten there over the years...

Sal's is a no frills, family owned, one-man show, and, if he ever decides to retire, it will be gone. I can only plan to get as much of his unbelievable cooking as I can, for as long as he wants to cook. And a large part of the Lynnhaven section of Va Beach has agreed with me, for over 20 years.

Visited May 2011