“First Time Spa Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
“First Time Spa Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I went to the Flowering Almond Spa to use a Living Social Credit. I asked the staff what service to choose as I wanted to receive a facial but had never before had one. The receptionist suggested their signature facial. It was completely different from my expectation, it was so much more! I did not expect to have anything done by the spa therapist except my face. I was given a robe and slippers to change into. I was shown to the relaxation area to wait while enjoying a beverage and snacks. When I went back to the room I was pleasantly surprised to have a heated bed to lay on while the facial was being done. The therapist asked about any concerns or allergies, previous experience before getting started. I had not idea that a facial would include an amazing massage of my hands, arms, and neck. After each arm was massaged it was placed in a bag inside heated gloves. This was a nice touch. I love Lavender and there was a nice warm eye compress with Lavender. When the facial was over I was allowed to remain in the relaxation area as long as I chose. They have a frequent visitor card to use for local guests such as myself. I went on a Wednesday and I received double credit for my visit which was a nice surprise. I plan to go back as often as possible.

Visited September 2013
FoundersInn, General Manager at Flowering Almond Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Paula R,

It sounds like you had a lovely visit to the hotel and spa! The spa therapists are skilled in their areas and seek to provide the best treatments to each guests.

We look forward to seeing you frequently as you take advantage of our great spa deals, including the Wonderful Wednesdays and Pampered Persons Card!

Best regards,
Sascha Hemmann

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is the best spa I have visited. Everything looked clean and refreshing. I had a wonderful spa pedicure and manicure. Kimberly was very friendly and provided great tips for between visits. She provided a great massage to my legs, feet and hands. It was definitely worth the money and I can't wait until my next visit! I highly recommend this Spa.

Visited July 2013
Dear Contributor1234,

Thank you for your comments! It is good to hear that you enjoyed your visit! I will pass your kind words to Kimberly and our staff at the Spa.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Best regards,
Sascha Hemmann
Haymarket, Virginia
“Deep Tissue by Tonia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Tonia provided me the most relieving massage I've had in years. She focused on the spots that were really bothering me and worked them out. If I'm ever in the area again, I will definitely be requesting her services again. Thank you Tonia!

Visited February 2013
FoundersInn, Spa Director at Flowering Almond Spa, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Ms. Tonia. She, along with the other members of our team, are, I feel, the best therapists in all of Hampton Roads. As a team, it is our goal to ensure each and evey guest feels relaxed and nurtured and enjoys a warm, welcoming, pesonalized service. I will pass along your comments, and both myself and Tonia hope to see you again in the future!

The Founders Inn
Lynchburg, Virginia
“The best there is....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Simply outstanding. I stayed on business and treated myself for a 90 minute Swedish which was really good. The Gym is large and well equiped for a Hotel gym, the pool is decent. The Manager there is from Ritz Carlton and certainly applies that kind of service to the Inn's Spa.

Visited January 2013
I am so glad that enjoyed your experience here and that you received the outstanding service that we pride ourselves on! I truly feel that we have the best facility and staff in all of Hampton Roads and I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit. It is our sincere pleasure to serve you and to offer you a personalized, unique, relaxing experience. I hope that we do get to see you back soon!

THe FOunders Inn
Seaford, Delaware
40 attraction reviews
“Spa for a day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The spa offers a wide range of services. We partook of a couples massage one day. The pair of staff were courteous, professional, and oh so very good! Hoping to get back there soon. The pedicure and manicure services were enjoyed by my wife and she found them quite relaxing and high quality. Her nails looked fantastic with a sexy color that I have never seen here use in nearly 35 years of marriage!

Visited January 2013
I am so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your day here at the Spa and found it relaxing and enjoyable! We strive to provide you with a stress free, warm, and welcoming experience and I am so glad that we were able to do that for you. I hope that we get to see you again soon!

The Founders Inn