“Waste” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Waste”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

DO NOT EVER STAY AT THIS DUMP........
Its infested with: Drug addicts and drug dealers, alcoholics, prostitutes and the city of va beach puts its homeless up there too.
Jeanette the manager is a crusty old lady that needs to get a job where she does not have to deal with the public.... So she can get her drink on.
The whole place is filthy. they have been shut down for bedbugs a couple of times and they still have them.Its roach infested, the carpets are dirty and the rooms smell like youy know what.
There is not security and the cars get robbed all the time. Ther are muggings in the parking lot, One was a bike cop... It was on the news and in the paper. I would rather sleep in a bush than stay here...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Winchester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Beware of this NASTY motel. I cried when we got here and most of the next day - I wanted a nice, relaxing get-away weekend. Boy were we in for a surprise. It was the dirtiest motel I have ever stepped foot in. It smelled like vomit, and the walls were "textured" in some type of filth." I did not see bugs but slept with lights on. My feet were dirtier after getting out of the shower than before I got in after going to beach. There was sooo much noise all night - I was apprehensive to go outside or look out the window after dark. Our car was hit in the parking lot. I am hoping we do not get scabies. We left early because of fear for our lives and health status. DO NOT STAY HERE. We actually will never go to Virginia Beach on vacation again!! However the AC was good. Please stay away for your own safety.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
MECHANICSVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Not bad at all for the cost. Motel is dated but everything was in working order. Room was clean. No bugs or any of that as other reviews state. Short walk to beach. Would stay again if funds were limited. Staff nice as well.

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

the room was disgusting it was dirty and roach infested and I would rather sleep on the street. for god sake do not stay there

• Stayed July 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay here for a night to see how we would like it if we did weekly rentals...the lady at the from desk seemed upset that we had to go to an ATM to get money because the lobby was about to close. She was patient enough, I guess. She waited outside the door for us. We got to the room and the door looked busted. We tried to turn on the lights, the lights didn't work. I looked around and went through every room and when I turned the light on in the bathroom, there were roaches, from adults to babies. I was disgusted. I have a fear of bed bugs and when I pulled the sheets back on one of the double beds, I found a roach, alive and well. This place needs pest control. The bathroom floor was sticky. I refused to sleep in the bed until we took all the sheets off and we put them back on ourselves. The kitchen wasn't too bad but the fridge shelves kept falling. My husband and I were watching tv about 20 minutes ago and heard arguing from down stairs. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. This is NOT place for children, in my opinion. If you do decide to stay here, bring a can of RAID, a bunch of sanitizing wipes, vacuum and your own sheets...heck, bring your own bed. Worst experience I've ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
Crewe, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

This is a busted up stinky motel. Never bring children or babies. The front desk clerks are very rude. The rooms are outdated and have broken appliances, even the microwave in the front office barely worked. Our tub in the bathroom received backfill with water and loose looking gravel. They practice unfair policies here. There is a sign that says no refund whenever you see a place of business especially a hotel or motel that has a sign stating no refund take it as a big RED FLAGGGGGG...... They will not give you your money back even for something like plumbing issues which is something totally on them and not the fault of the guest. They do not care and are money hungry. WARNING: Stay away from this place even if the price is right....

Room Tip: Outdated, dirty looking, stinky, broken appliances, and poor lighting
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

For 973.00$ plus taxes, it was just terrible. A lot of ants running everywhere. It smells dirty and it was dirty. This building needs a pest control and someone to repair le lot of things. We need to pay to have ici. It was supposed to an efficiency unit but there was nothing in the kitchen exept a small et old stove and a broken refrigerator. We need to buy RAID and something to have a better odor inside the unit. Maid service is only once a week. We need to take care of our garbage by ourselves and go the office to change our towels everyday.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to MacThrift Motor Inn? Share your experiences!