“average food, service, great view” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Tarentum, Pennsylvania
“average food, service, great view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I am writing this review based on a numerous amount of visits. I've head just about every non seafood item on their menu, and the food is average. The chicken wings are dry and not exciting, their steak is good, and I have been told that their tuna steaks are amazing. The location of this place is amazing. The prices are reasonable. During our last visit, we had very poor service- 4 of us (all men) walked in and sat at the bar. The bartender took our drink order, and then our food order. He waited until after we started drinking to tell us that their credit card machine and atm was down due to a cable outage. Half way through our meal, they got it back up and running, but you would think that they would tell you this prior to taking your order, as none of us had any cash, just debit cards. Once we were finished, he presented one check for all of us. I told him that we needed seperate checks, so he threw my brothers card back at him, huffed, and said "this is going to take awhile." Finally, he got the checks seperated, and said "next time, tell me you want separate checks before placing your order." I replied that was the reason we sat at the bar, and asked if everyone else sitting at the bar was on one check, and he said no, but you walked in together. Really? It's the customers job to do your job? Shouldn't you ask US if we want separate checks? I've been to plenty of bars with plenty of people, and I have never had a bartender make that assumption. Other times, with other servers, the service was fine, but this guy had a massive attitude problem. I also overheard him tell another guest (who was a friend of his) that he likes locals and hates tourists. wow.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“Fast Service & Great Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

After having a horrendous dining experience at the Pungo Grill last night, tonight we went to the Sandbridge Island and were very happy! We ordered 2 pizzas and crab legs and shrimp. The food came out incredibly fast and was delicious! I'm from NY originally and am a bit of a pizza snob but I must say the pizza was pretty good for a local, out of the way restaurant. The shrimp were tender and had a wonderful flavor. Steve rates the crab legs a 7.5 out of 10. Our server, Ryan, was very attentive and friendly. As for atmosphere, it's exactly what you would think a local beach restaurant would be like. Overall we were pleasantly surprised. We'll definitely go back the next time we visit Sandbridge from Richmond.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Matthews, NC
“Sandbridge Island Restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our family stayed at a beach house right on the beach at Sandbridge Beach. We loved the beach and had a good week. We ate at The Sandbridge Island Restaurant. There were 7 of us
and most of them had seafood which they liked. One had the crabcakes and some had the "all you can eat" shrimp and crab legs. They were very pleased. However, if you're not eating seafood, as I don't because of allergies, don't eat there. We had the worst onion rings I've ever tasted and the sweet potato fries were terrible. I had a Bar-B-Que pork sandwich and it was not good, too dry.
The service was slow. We did get their corn bread that was extremely good. So if you're going, order seafood and cornbread.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Customer service was lousy, food fine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Be sure not to leave your purse or anything else at this restaurant or it is theirs! I left my purse after eating some decent crab and excellent barbecue only to find I'd left my purse. I called from home (two hours away) and was told that indeed they had found it and would keep it as it was "too large to mail". So the next week as soon as I could get away I went back to the restaurant to find that it had somehow disappeared. That it had been put behind reception in an area accessible to the public and then somehow was "just not there-- I haven't seen it" . . after repeated phone calls. . .we haven't found it. No responsibility. . it just disappeared on its own. Goodbye iPod, good bye American Express Card, goodbye favorite things and cash. . .goodbye Sandbridge Island restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Exactly What You Expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

What do you expect from a little "local" restaurant and bar next to the ocean? Decent crab cakes? Local music? Friendly wait staff? Reasonable drink prices? Sandbridge Island Restaraunt delivers exactly what you expect. Local flavor - a local favorite on Friday nights - with open mic nights, enjoyable karaoke, and local bands all week. The deck is nice, there are drink specials (bucket of beer is a fun beach option), and the wait staff consists of locals that are willing to provide info on other local activities. Sometimes the service can be a bit slow - but this is part of the whole relaxed atmosphere. If yo want quick attention, choose a late lunch or a late dinner when the kitchen is not as busy. If the weather cooperates, sit outside and enjoy what is happening at the other tables. The pizza is a favorite - thin crust with plenty of cheese. Carry out and delivery are provided.

• Visited July 2012