“Closest to the Big Apple that we get here in the South!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 1,254 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We have plenty of parking!
“Closest to the Big Apple that we get here in the South!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is fabulous. The portions are huge and I mean huge. My and I share a sandwich and an order of fries and it is more than enough food. The kids like the smothered fries and I love the real NY pickles. Any transplanted New Yorker knows what real pickles are. This place gets very crowded and there is always a wait but it is well worth it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Williamsburg, Virginia
“As close to New York as you can get!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We heard that the Route 58 Deli was as good as Katz in NYC. While not dead on the money it was a tight second!! The pastrami was fantastic!!! The wait staff was fun and friendly with an authentic NYC deli atmosphere!! The icing on the cake (pun intended) was the glorious desserts direct from Carnegie Deli! Need a NYC "fix"? This is THE place to be!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia,
“Best Deli in the South!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We live near Philly and also go to NYC; and this Deli is as good as a NYC Deli. That means corned beef, pastrami lovers are going to love it here! The sandwich is Enormous so you can split it and will be content. Definitely will go back on my next trip.

Visited March 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best Deli This Side of Manhattan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Following our retirement, as New York transplants, we had been searching for a deli that rivals the Carnegie and Roxi delis in New York - places where you may have to pay double for a corned beef sandwich, but it is enough to feed an Army platoon - and delicious. This is why we were thrilled that Route 58 opened just a mile from us. It is a very busy place - for good reason, especially on weekends.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Robbinsdale, Minnesota
“Very disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We are avid Trip Advisor users and are rarely led astray, but unfortunately I have to disagree with the majority of reviewers on this one. As the #1 rated restaurant we decided to check it out when we moved here. It is true they have gigantic portions, and if that is the reason you are going out to eat then this is the place for you. However, the food itself is terrible and VERY expensive. I had a turkey sandwich that had absolutely no flavor at all. My husband had the famous reuben. When I got home I tried to doctor up the leftovers as best as I could, but it was hard to as the meat itself was the bad tasting part. I personally would recommend that they change the meat to a smoked variety or at least try and put some seasoning on the sandwiches. The bill was around $35 for two sandwiches and we felt really guilty for throwing away the leftovers, but even our children refused to eat them!

• Visited February 2013