“Just like a New York Deli” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 1,254 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We have plenty of parking!
Norfolk, Virginia
“Just like a New York Deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

If you are longing for the days of a nice Jewish deli, long no more. They have everything from pastrami, to knishes, to Dr. Brown's Cream Soda -- you name it they've got it. Bring a friend because the portions are too large to finish. Either share or be prepared to go home with a doggie bag. The food is outstanding. You won't be disappointed. It rivals the Carnegie Deli in NYC.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Large Portions, Cool Atmosphere, Fresh Deli”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband I shared a meal here and we could not finish. Their slogan is, "If you've finished, we've done something wrong." We got the super reuben. It was very good. Fresh meat on the sandwiches are cut from the deli on site. Atmosphere is pretty good. Service was only ok. I'd like to go again and give it another try.

Visited October 2011
“People Really "Rave" about this junk of a place?!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

My son and I came in a few weeks ago and had a waitress name Megan or Melissa I can't remember because she was just awful, non attentive and rude! My food came out fast but it was disgustingly huge!! My add $1 extra lean sandwich was fatty as ever. My sons eggs were greasy and pancakes were almost plastic like. I watched as the waitresses mingled around the restaurant talked to important customers and left the others to be. The host was the most pleasant person there. The owner was a complete a$& and came over to the table like it was a fancy place and like he'd just made everything from scratch. Yeaaaa ok. Needless to say this place sucks and I'd rather be in jersey!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tidewater, VA
“Finally, a good Ruben in Virginia....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My wife and I tried here on the advice of a friend. We both had the Open Face Ruben, hers with just corned beef, mine with just the corned beef and pastrami. The quality and the quantity of food were both fantastic. The service was superb. Further, the diner had a wonderful reputation visible when we arrived, it was packed, even at 1:00p on a Sunday. We will be returning to try the other menu items even with the drive. We live about 30 miles away. My best new restaurant find in a while.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

If you want a Ny style deli sandwich complete with the price if NY, come to this deli. The sandwiches are big enough for a family.

Visited September 2011