“Food worth going back for!” 5 of 5 stars

(757) 301-9450
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Richmond, Va
“Food worth going back for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

09/24/2009 This was my second visit to Ocean 37. The food is really really good. (I had the lettuce wraps and Flounder with buttermilk mashed potatoes.)The chef came out to ask if all was good and the waitress was very attentive. The solo artist was an added treat to the dining experience. We met the owner, who is working hard for the restrauant to be a success. I will return when in the area.
Ann
Richmond,Va

New Jersey
“Dont Go Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Visited Ocean 37 in Sandbridge on 9-6-09. This has to be the worst dining experience I have ever had. The food did not come out as ordered, one meal did not arrive at all! When we asked for the check so we could leave, there were items on the check that had never been ordered, and a team of servers could not figure out how to correct a dinner check! When I asked to speak to the manager, I was greeted by a man who said he was the owner, but he was extremely rude and offered no solution. Finally could not get a check to sign with my credit card. Do not go here, it is ridiculously horrible. I imagine the owner does not care about service as the beach is primarily renters; however he should realize people come to Sandbridge year after year. Whoever invested in him-get out.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Food OK--Service Not So Much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Went for lunch on 8/1/09. Not very busy, but took a long time to get service. Waitress was inattentive. Food came out one order at a time with several minutes in between, One order was wrong and had to be sent back. Beverage and water glasses stayed empty. Waitress nowhere to be found. I had to take water glasses to the bar for refills. Food tasted good, but first diner's food was cold by the time the sixth got hers. Would not recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, VA
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I just returned from a week at Sandbridge Beach. We decided to drive down the beach to see where we might be able to dine close to home. When we went into Ocean 37 Seagrille, it was decorating beautifully and the menu looked great. The restaurant was not filled, but had enough tables with people so we decided to stay. It took 40 minutes to get one round of drinks. We had the Asparagus Tempura (excellent) and Calamari & Artichoke (fried, but cold..no artichokes in sight). Ordered a second round of drinks, took another 30 minutes. Still didn't have our dinner. The waitress said she would get us a free round. At the end of our meal, the drinks had not even made it to the bartender - we cancelled them and they took a round off our bill. Although the food sounded great on the menu with interesting ingredients, nothing wowed us. Parts of the meal were cold. This restaurant has a great location and an interesting menu, they need to get their service up to par and maybe they will do well. Oh yeah - $44 per person for 1 round of drinks, 2 shared apps & an entree.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere