“Romantic Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Laurel, Maryland
“Romantic Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great location. This was a mini vacation and it was great. It's right in the middle of the boardwalk. The room was really clean and the bed comfortable. I also enjoyed the upgrades in the bathroom with the high sink and the double shower head. The private balcony was great and the ocean view fabulous. We had a suite with a separate living room and it was great being able to watch different television shows since our tastes differ. The breakfast was adequate, they needed bacon. Also it would have been nice if they had a bar on the premises. Overall it was a great getaway.

Room Tip: There are not ice makers on every floor.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There's another Comfort Inn and Suites In VA Beach, so note the reviews that include the bridge, airport, or college. They're about this hotel. The posts that mention the ocean, parking garage or balcony are not. Seventh floor? It's only got five stories....

Bottom line: We stayed two nights and I would book here again. But I would try and find as good a deal elsewhere first.

The suite layouts are roomy and the beds comfortable. Housekeeping was excellent. It's great having two TVs and lots of surface areas for small bags. Breakfast could use some cut fruit, but the biscuits and potatoes (different mornings) were both terrific. It's a short walk to excellent sushi (open until 10:00) and Starbucks. There was no noise from the airport or neighborhood.

On the negative side, the room needs more than one wastebasket. It could also use one or two luggage racks and a bath mat. The shower is slippery toward the faucet end -- don't let the shower curtain cover up the grab bar.

While one front desk worker apologized right away at checkout when I reported the slow shower drain, the day before the front desk worker didn't acknowledge the inconvenience when both our room keys stopped working. She attributed it to proximity to something else in our pockets. Hello? Two cards simultaneously, on the second day of our stay?

Finally, the condition of the room was good enough, but not what I'd expect for a hotel that ranks so high on TripAdvisor. It was good to see that the bathroom wall had been patched, but it hadn't been painted yet, and the room's brass door hinges were remarkably rusty. When coming or going, it was impossible to ignore the small but impressive black stain in the carpet by the suite door.

Room Tip: The elevator is pretty slow, so you might want to be on a lower floor if you're comfortable taki...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you so much for choosing our location and letting us know about your experience with us. As always I review comments with the staff and your feedback is priceless with improving the operation.

We look forward to welcoming you back so we can show you our progress on all fronts to make everyone's stay a positive one!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wife and I stayed there. We stayed in a double queen room. It was very clean. Only issue we noticed with the room was the chest of draws had missing handles. The rooms were very quiet. I had an issue while there and the staff was great with helping me! Stay here! Another example of why I stay at the Choice Chain.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
On behalf of the staff and myself we want to thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Portsmouth, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a mini get-away. The hotel was furnished nicely. The front desk was clean and efficient. The staff was attentive and friendly. The breakfast could use some work, but didnt ruin the trip. The indoor pool was small, but the kids loved it. The queen suite was spacious. The furnishings were updated and fresh. I love white comforters. The bathroom was spacious as well. I haven't stayed at a Comfort Inn and I was impressed.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thanks so much for choosing our hotel for your getaway! We are very pleased to hear that we delivered on our promise of a great stay!!

We truly appreciate you taking the time as your comments truly go a long way to keep the staff motivated. We hope to have the chance to serve you again very soon!

Montauk, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wanted to give this hotel a 5 star rating but it fell short. The location was perfect for a stop on our trip from NY to NC and the price could not be beat. It appeared that the hotel had been renovated/updated within the past few years, the lobby was attractive and the reception personnel very pleasant. Room was comfortable, free internet provided and free breakfast. The cons for me were ones that can't be overlooked in a hotel for me. There were food crumbs in the elevator door grooves which had obviously been there for some time. More importantly there was hair in the tub/shower. I'm not talking a stray hair, which can happen. I'm talking like someone had shaved and not rinsed the area. I mentioned it at check out and they said they would speak with the cleaning crew. I will pass it off to an oversight by the cleaning crew and I would try staying there again if the need arose.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the staff and myself I am sorry that we fell short of the five star goal. No excuses for the housekeeping oversight and it has been addressed. I am pleased to hear that you will return on your next trio to Virginia Beach and we are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

We decided at the last minute to stay and support some of our friends that were running in a marathon. From the outside the hotel looked a little confusing. Just because the parking deck was blocking the front facade of the hotel. The room was really big and the balcony overlooks the ocean. The breakfast area is great with a beautiful view of the Atlantic through very clean windows.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the 4th floor
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay; however, they have assigned your review to the wrong location.

I will inform TripAdvisor to re-assign.

Thanks and take care!
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

This hotel is close to the Norfolk airport. It is in a good location to visit Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and other Hampton Road's cities. My daughter, grandson, and I stayed in a suite with 2 queen beds which was really nice for us. Grandson could sleep longer in the morning while Nana used her computer at the desk to do some research. The suite includes a sofa bed, small refridge, microwave, 2 flat screen TVs, and 2 closets. The beds were comfortable with soft or firm pillows to choose from. The staff was friendly and helpful. Audrey who takes care of breakfast during the week is very friendly and helpful. I stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed the morning chats with Audrey. The hotel offers a limited continental breakfast with bagels, small pastries, sausage/bacon, eggs (not made from scratch), cereal, and a few other items. I have one suggestion: I would suggest adding yoplait yogurt, whole wheat bread, and 1% milk to the menu. I did enjoy the fruit that was available which included bananas, oranges, and apples. Overall, I would return to stay at this hitel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
We are very pleased to here you enjoyed your stay with us! We love Audrey as well and she got a real boost from your comments!

Thanks again for staying and we look forward to your return soon!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!