“Great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This was a mini get-away. The hotel was furnished nicely. The front desk was clean and efficient. The staff was attentive and friendly. The breakfast could use some work, but didnt ruin the trip. The indoor pool was small, but the kids loved it. The queen suite was spacious. The furnishings were updated and fresh. I love white comforters. The bathroom was spacious as well. I haven't stayed at a Comfort Inn and I was impressed.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Montauk, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I wanted to give this hotel a 5 star rating but it fell short. The location was perfect for a stop on our trip from NY to NC and the price could not be beat. It appeared that the hotel had been renovated/updated within the past few years, the lobby was attractive and the reception personnel very pleasant. Room was comfortable, free internet provided and free breakfast. The cons for me were ones that can't be overlooked in a hotel for me. There were food crumbs in the elevator door grooves which had obviously been there for some time. More importantly there was hair in the tub/shower. I'm not talking a stray hair, which can happen. I'm talking like someone had shaved and not rinsed the area. I mentioned it at check out and they said they would speak with the cleaning crew. I will pass it off to an oversight by the cleaning crew and I would try staying there again if the need arose.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We decided at the last minute to stay and support some of our friends that were running in a marathon. From the outside the hotel looked a little confusing. Just because the parking deck was blocking the front facade of the hotel. The room was really big and the balcony overlooks the ocean. The breakfast area is great with a beautiful view of the Atlantic through very clean windows.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the 4th floor
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is close to the Norfolk airport. It is in a good location to visit Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and other Hampton Road's cities. My daughter, grandson, and I stayed in a suite with 2 queen beds which was really nice for us. Grandson could sleep longer in the morning while Nana used her computer at the desk to do some research. The suite includes a sofa bed, small refridge, microwave, 2 flat screen TVs, and 2 closets. The beds were comfortable with soft or firm pillows to choose from. The staff was friendly and helpful. Audrey who takes care of breakfast during the week is very friendly and helpful. I stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed the morning chats with Audrey. The hotel offers a limited continental breakfast with bagels, small pastries, sausage/bacon, eggs (not made from scratch), cereal, and a few other items. I have one suggestion: I would suggest adding yoplait yogurt, whole wheat bread, and 1% milk to the menu. I did enjoy the fruit that was available which included bananas, oranges, and apples. Overall, I would return to stay at this hitel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

We had to travel to Va Beach for volleyball and this hotel was recommended to us. Check in was extremely smooth and the desk staff was very nice. When we got to our room, we were surprised to see it had 2 rooms instead of the standard 1 room. Both the room and bathroom was clean. Breakfast was your standard breakfast. I didn't have the eggs, but my family did and said the were not good at all. Everything else we had was good though. We would def stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2015
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your volleyball tournament. We could not be more pleased that we lived up to the recommendation. We truly embrace the "Whatever It Takes Service" attitude and your comments will go a long way for staff motivation.

Again, thank you for staying with us and talking the time to comment on your experience!

Warm Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2015

Good hotel. Stayed here on business. Fairly normal comfort inn. Plan on staying again in 2 weeks.
Staff was pleasant
Hotel cleanliness was average
Room cleanliness was good
Breakfast was normal hotel continental style.
Price was great
One of the better Choice Hotel property's in the area

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
On behalf of the staff and myself we would like to thank you for staying with us. Your comments serve as a learning tool and motivation for everyone at the property.

We look forward to your return!

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

This was a good hotel in a great location for me. It is right next to the airport which made it super convenient to fly in late and not have to worry about finding my way in a city I don't know. It was very close to a mall and a multitude of restaurants, so I was well taken care of during my stay. The room was nice and everything was working and clean. I usually don't ask for any more than that in a hotel. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and taking the time to comment on your stay. We truly strive for a positive experience for all of our guests and we are very pleased to hear we delivered.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!