“Short Notice. Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Miami, Florida
“Short Notice. Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We decided at the last minute to stay and support some of our friends that were running in a marathon. From the outside the hotel looked a little confusing. Just because the parking deck was blocking the front facade of the hotel. The room was really big and the balcony overlooks the ocean. The breakfast area is great with a beautiful view of the Atlantic through very clean windows.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the 4th floor
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is close to the Norfolk airport. It is in a good location to visit Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and other Hampton Road's cities. My daughter, grandson, and I stayed in a suite with 2 queen beds which was really nice for us. Grandson could sleep longer in the morning while Nana used her computer at the desk to do some research. The suite includes a sofa bed, small refridge, microwave, 2 flat screen TVs, and 2 closets. The beds were comfortable with soft or firm pillows to choose from. The staff was friendly and helpful. Audrey who takes care of breakfast during the week is very friendly and helpful. I stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed the morning chats with Audrey. The hotel offers a limited continental breakfast with bagels, small pastries, sausage/bacon, eggs (not made from scratch), cereal, and a few other items. I have one suggestion: I would suggest adding yoplait yogurt, whole wheat bread, and 1% milk to the menu. I did enjoy the fruit that was available which included bananas, oranges, and apples. Overall, I would return to stay at this hitel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

We had to travel to Va Beach for volleyball and this hotel was recommended to us. Check in was extremely smooth and the desk staff was very nice. When we got to our room, we were surprised to see it had 2 rooms instead of the standard 1 room. Both the room and bathroom was clean. Breakfast was your standard breakfast. I didn't have the eggs, but my family did and said the were not good at all. Everything else we had was good though. We would def stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your volleyball tournament. We could not be more pleased that we lived up to the recommendation. We truly embrace the "Whatever It Takes Service" attitude and your comments will go a long way for staff motivation.

Again, thank you for staying with us and talking the time to comment on your experience!

Warm Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2015

Good hotel. Stayed here on business. Fairly normal comfort inn. Plan on staying again in 2 weeks.
Staff was pleasant
Hotel cleanliness was average
Room cleanliness was good
Breakfast was normal hotel continental style.
Price was great
One of the better Choice Hotel property's in the area

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
On behalf of the staff and myself we would like to thank you for staying with us. Your comments serve as a learning tool and motivation for everyone at the property.

We look forward to your return!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

This was a good hotel in a great location for me. It is right next to the airport which made it super convenient to fly in late and not have to worry about finding my way in a city I don't know. It was very close to a mall and a multitude of restaurants, so I was well taken care of during my stay. The room was nice and everything was working and clean. I usually don't ask for any more than that in a hotel. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and taking the time to comment on your stay. We truly strive for a positive experience for all of our guests and we are very pleased to hear we delivered.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Hillside, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

Friends, my wife and I came to Virginia Beach to visit their son who had won the teacher of the year award for his school. We decided to stay at the Comfort Inn once again. The stay was excellent. The rooms were spacious, the bed comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. The rate we got was fantastic. When we come to Virginia Beach, this hotel is our go to choice.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2015
On behalf of the staff and myself we cannot thank you enough for returning and staying with us again. It truly is our goal to make everyone feel settled in and assured they made the right choice.

So again, thanks for choosing us and we look forward to your return!

Warm Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014 via mobile

This was my get away hotel for a night. It wasn't perfect but it worked. Had a couple incidents happen while I was staying here, but nothing to horrible to make me not come back. The staff was very friendly and make you feel welcomed. The pool needs work and some of the rooms do too, but they're still nice. I would recommend this hotel in the end.

• Stayed December 2014
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the pool and other issues on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with all the staff members to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback; as we truly utilize comments to improve our operation. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Kind Regards,

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!