“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had to travel to Va Beach for volleyball and this hotel was recommended to us. Check in was extremely smooth and the desk staff was very nice. When we got to our room, we were surprised to see it had 2 rooms instead of the standard 1 room. Both the room and bathroom was clean. Breakfast was your standard breakfast. I didn't have the eggs, but my family did and said the were not good at all. Everything else we had was good though. We would def stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good hotel. Stayed here on business. Fairly normal comfort inn. Plan on staying again in 2 weeks.
Staff was pleasant
Hotel cleanliness was average
Room cleanliness was good
Breakfast was normal hotel continental style.
Price was great
One of the better Choice Hotel property's in the area

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a good hotel in a great location for me. It is right next to the airport which made it super convenient to fly in late and not have to worry about finding my way in a city I don't know. It was very close to a mall and a multitude of restaurants, so I was well taken care of during my stay. The room was nice and everything was working and clean. I usually don't ask for any more than that in a hotel. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here during the off season (January) so it was fairly empty. Loved the view from the 9th floor as every room is an ocean view.
However, it was during a cold spell and the large window facing the ocean is not very thick. Could not heat the room up enough to be comfortable. Fortunately they do provide extra blankets for the bed which was enough to compensate.
House keeping was okay but frequently did not do the little things that make it nice. They failed twice to replace the complimentary lotion when it was empty and left out on the counter to remind them. They twice failed to replace the bath mat outside the shower after the took the dirty one.
I stayed there for two weeks for business but would probably not stay for a vacation.
Also, during the off season, many of the stores/restaurants/bars were not open.
The staff was helpful enough and they do provide free breakfast and parking.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thanks for posting a review on TripAdvisor, however; this is the wrong location they posted it to.

TripAdvisor please assign this to the correct property.

Thanks!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

Melissa Palmer (Front Desk) was extremely kind and professional during our stay. She went ABOVE and BEYOND for me during a stressful situation of losing my phone for several hours. She was sweet and caring and deserves recognition! She continued to assist other patrons while helping me locate local phone numbers and offering support. Phone was found!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
While I am certainly glad you received some great service; I am sorry to say it was attached to the wrong property.

I will let TripAdvisor know they have assigned this to the wrong hotel.

My staff and I hope we have an opportunity to serve you in the future!

Hillside, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

Friends, my wife and I came to Virginia Beach to visit their son who had won the teacher of the year award for his school. We decided to stay at the Comfort Inn once again. The stay was excellent. The rooms were spacious, the bed comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. The rate we got was fantastic. When we come to Virginia Beach, this hotel is our go to choice.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
On behalf of the staff and myself we cannot thank you enough for returning and staying with us again. It truly is our goal to make everyone feel settled in and assured they made the right choice.

So again, thanks for choosing us and we look forward to your return!

Warm Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014 via mobile

This was my get away hotel for a night. It wasn't perfect but it worked. Had a couple incidents happen while I was staying here, but nothing to horrible to make me not come back. The staff was very friendly and make you feel welcomed. The pool needs work and some of the rooms do too, but they're still nice. I would recommend this hotel in the end.

• Stayed December 2014
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the pool and other issues on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with all the staff members to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback; as we truly utilize comments to improve our operation. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Kind Regards,

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!