“Great hotel - and stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Beckley, West Virginia
“Great hotel - and stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I wanted to take a weekend in Virginia Beach, and finding a hotel was a bit of a challenge. There's the inherent trade off with Virgina Beach hotels - pay an arm an and a leg and be right on the beach, or save money, but be away form the beach. Since I was driving anyway, I decided to take the later route. I chose this hotel based on the amenities and the other Trip Advisor reviews.

I checked in to the hotel around 8:30. I noticed that there was a wedding reception/dance going on in the main conference room. I was briefly concerned, but I really shouldn't have been - my room was very quiet, and I couldn't hear any outside noise.

My room was also quite large, and extremely comfortable. The bed was perfect, and the room was constantly at a great temperature. The shower was good, and there was even a couch in my room, which was as nice as it was unexpected.

The breakfast the next morning was very good. It was a nicer continental breakfast - including sausages, breakfast potatoes, and a waffle maker. It was a very good start to the day.

The other amenities where great - the Wi-fi was free and fast, the pool was nice, if much smaller than I'd like (not like the ocean is about 15 minutes away). And as stated above, the hotel was very reasonably priced, especially for the resort town.

I highly recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Virginia Beach. I had a great stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
On behalf on my staff and I we want to sincerely thank you for being our guest and spending your valuable time commenting on your experience. Prior to this hotel I was managing at the oceanfront for over eight years and I could not agree more with your thought process when staying in Virginia Beach.

We truly use all comments good, bad and neutral to improve our service and operation.

So again, thank you for being our guest and the excellent feedback. We look forward to seeing you back very soon!

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is kind of far from the beach area but you get a lot for the trade-off; space, comfort, quietness and a good Internet access. All of that with the convenience of walking distance to a starbucks, a McD, a Sub’s place and an ABC liquor store.
As a plus, it got clear to me management is focused on leaving an excellent customer service impression (emphasis on the excellent), so the staff is always looking for confirmation you’re getting such either by asking or actually trying to address any eventual request.
I liked this place a lot and I do recommend in case you don’t mind driving 5 miles to the beach area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thanks so much for writing a review for us and other travelers. This is the type of feedback that continues to motivate staff and helps us continue to improve.

We certainly appreciated and enjoyed having you as a guest and we look forward to seeing you back soon!!

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel has everything you want in terms of the quality/cleanliness of the rooms and common areas, friendly staff and terrific value. We stayed there for 3 nights and could not have been more satisfied. The location is close to many shops and restaurants and a very short drive to the beach. At one point I had complained about a headache in the lobby from being out in the sun all day. A few moments later there was a knock on my door and one of the staff people appeared with a small packet of Advil and a bottled water! I didn't even ask for it! It is reasons such as these that I will keep this on my must-stay list when traveling in the Va Beach.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
I am so pleased to hear that my staff sensed and responded to that situation. I share all comments with the staff and this is exactly how we maintain and improve our services.

A very sincere thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!!

Warm Regards,
Hillside, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife, brother (who is handicapped) and I recently stayed in a King Suite for handicapped. From check in to check out, service could not have been better. When checking in I asked for a late checkout and was immediately given a 1 PM time.

The suite was perfect for our needs. It had a separate (private) bedroom as requested and living room with pull out couch. Breakfast was a notch above the usual. The hotel was packed, yet, food was plentiful and really quite good. Everyone was very polite, respectful and went out of their way to help. When we visit Virginia Beach in the future, this hotel will be the first one we look at.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
My staff and I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We truly try to make everyone feel settled in and assured they have made the right choice and we always get a boost of confidence with comments such as yours.

So again, thank you for staying with us and commenting on your experience. We hope to see you back again when your plans bring you to Virginia Beach!

Gwynn Oak, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed for two nights, Aug 5 & 6. Front desk personnel was warm and welcoming. They accommodated my request for a room near the elevator as I have mobility issues and didn't want to be placed at the end of the hall. The room was clean, especially the bathroom. I always look in the corners since this is an area that is frequently missed in hotels and they were clean! Plenty of towels and even a night lite. The room was spacious, sheets clean, and lots of pillows. The common areas were clean. Housekeeping staff was very friendly. My only complaint is that there was only one handicap space in the very front of the building - the others were on the side and in the back. It's located 15 minutes from the beach. I would definitely return...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased to hear that we delivered on our goal of a great experience. It truly means a lot when our guests take the time to inform us and other travelers about your stay with us.

We certainly appreciate your choosing us to stay with and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm Regards,
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We travel to Virginia Beach at least once a year and have stayed in many local hotels. This hotel is now our favorite. It is walking distance to places to eat and a short drive to shopping and other interesting places. The staff was very friendly and checked up on us after our check-in to see if our room was up to standards. We stayed 3 nights in a suite and the room was very nice and clean. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. A great place to stay! We will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are so glad to hear your enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning! Also, thank you so much for taking your valuable time to write review; it truly is appreciated.

We look forward to serving you again on your return back to Virginia Beach!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel is very nice, I was very impressed with the cleanliness, friendly staff and very close to the beach and restaurants. I would recommend it to anyone. Breakfast was good also only thing it was a little crowded, get there early.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I am very glad to hear you had a positive experience here with us! We always love to hear from our guests so we know what direction to head and we take comments to heart and put things into action. I hope to be able to present a much larger space for breakfast on your return trip.

Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the near future!

Kind Regards,

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!