“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Clermont, Florida
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We travel to Virginia Beach at least once a year and have stayed in many local hotels. This hotel is now our favorite. It is walking distance to places to eat and a short drive to shopping and other interesting places. The staff was very friendly and checked up on us after our check-in to see if our room was up to standards. We stayed 3 nights in a suite and the room was very nice and clean. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. A great place to stay! We will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
We are so glad to hear your enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning! Also, thank you so much for taking your valuable time to write review; it truly is appreciated.

We look forward to serving you again on your return back to Virginia Beach!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Hotel is very nice, I was very impressed with the cleanliness, friendly staff and very close to the beach and restaurants. I would recommend it to anyone. Breakfast was good also only thing it was a little crowded, get there early.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I am very glad to hear you had a positive experience here with us! We always love to hear from our guests so we know what direction to head and we take comments to heart and put things into action. I hope to be able to present a much larger space for breakfast on your return trip.

Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the near future!

Glenmont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here for five nights because we got an excellent rate at a hotel close to Virginia Beach. The hotel is only a 15-20 minute drive to Virginia Beach. Check in was quick and they let us check in early at 1:30 pm! The rooms was spotless... This was one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in! we had plenty of room in our room as we were put in a handicapped accessible room so we had more room to put our luggage. The housekeeper who cleaned our room for most of the wee, did an excellent job and kept the room clean all week .She made us animals and other creative things each day out of our towels! All of the staff was extremely friendly and accommodated us with whatever we needed, to make us feel at home! They always recommended the best restaurants for us to eat at! They are trained very well! The pool is small and always overly crowded but it is very clean and the water is nice and warm.The breakfast buffet is really good and is well stocked. However, the breakfast area is very small with only like 8 tables. Also the breakfast hours are only 6:30-9:30 a.m. daily. I wish they were open longer to at least 10 a.m. One of our major complaints is the internet. It kept going in and out and worked very slowly. So if you are traveling for business, this is probably not the place for you to stay. Also we were put on the 5th floor and whenever the elevator goes up to the fifth floor it creeks, shakes, and you fell a vibration noise.The elevator never levels properly. There is only one elevator for this big hotel so sometimes it takes a while to get to your floor. This hotel was an excellent value overall and we look forward to staying here again the next time we go to Virginia Beach!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the opposite side of the hallway that the elevator is on so you don't hear...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
My staff and I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers! I have already taken steps to correct the internet and the elevator so on your return visit you will have no problem.

Comments such as yours truly are how we improve and validate the things we are doing right. So again, thanks so much for your time and choosing us as your home away from home!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The hotel is newly renovated and very clean. The room was very clean and housekeeping was great at getting me extra materials needed for my stay. Front desk was very helpful and the continental breakfast was simple but delicious. 15 min from the beach and the hotel is close to everything you need for your stay. Abc store, Restaurants, Fast foods, and Convenience stores are all within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for choosing us when you have so many options in Virginia Beach. We truly value your business and the fact you took time to write a review. The positive comments are always a motivator to keep pushing for excellence.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I am a First Sergeant in the military and I was stranded in Virginia for 7 days prior to departing for a deployment overseas. My plane was cancelled/delayed four separate times and the staff went out of their way to accommodate me and extend my stay each time. I must say, that in all my years of travel--19 years--I have never felt as comfortable as I have in the Comfort Inn & Suites of Virginia Beach, VA. From the receptionists to the breakfast staff and housekeepers... everyone made me feel like I was family. Additionally, the rooms were very clean, updated and accommodating. Cristina, Leigh (receptionists) and Audrey (breakfast attendant) are phenomenal and deserve kudos. I can't wait for my deployment to be finished so I can book another reservation and see their smiling faces! Hands down the best accommodations I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
I would like to first thank you for your service to our country! Secondly, the staff and I also can not thank you enough for taking the time to let other travelers know of your experience with us.

It truly does go a long way when our guests let us know we delivered on our goal of hospitality. One of the things I try to achieve for all my guests is a settled in and assured feeling that you have made the right lodging choice.

So glad to hear you will be back and we look forward to serving you soon!

Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

While traveling with our infant and toddler for the first time, we researched several hotels and selected this one based on its ratings. We were extremely pleased with our stay. We stayed in a double bed suite, which was spacious for our family of four. In particular, we were pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and would highly recommend it to others. The complimentary breakfast was great and so convenient! And the customer service surpassed all of our expectations; the staff was extremely friendly and made our stay extra pleasant. A special thanks to the Manager – George Lawson, who greeted us and helped answer our questions about the area. We will definitely be coming back!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and taking a moment to comment on your experience with us. We always love to hear positive reviews and it reinforces moral more than I can express.

So again thank you so much for staying with us and spending your valuable time to share your experience.

We hope to see you back soon!

Chantilly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed here last weekend and was very pleased with the accommodations. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. Check in was smooth. They also serve free breakfast in the morning. It was also very close to the beach and reasonable prices. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
My staff and I would like to express our thanks for choosing our hotel for your time in Virginia Beach. We certainly love to hear you were pleased with the hotel and staff.

We hope to get the chance to serve you again soon!

Thanks again for staying with us and taking the time to write about your experience!

Kind Regards,

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!