“Fabulous reunion location!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Fabulous reunion location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Coordinating a ship's crew reunion for about 60 people, this is the second time I used this hotel as "base camp." EVERYONE at the hotel again provided courteous and helpful service. The Manager, George Lawson, along with Cristina Collins and Abio Ibarra deserve special recognition. In addition to guest rooms, our reunion employed use of the banquet room. Ample space was available, along with two long granite counters along one of the walls for food and drinks. Management eagerly set up tables and chairs in the requested configuration. The hotel is very close to the airport and has very reasonable rates in contrast to most of it's comparable "beach resort" counterparts. You just can't go wrong with the Comfort Inn and staff at this location!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
We certainly enjoyed hosting your reunion and thanks so much for the kind words; it really goes a long way with the staff to hear that we accomplished our hospitality goals. I hope to see you all again for the next reunion if not sooner!

George Lawson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

My stay here was awesome. Everyone was nice. The place was clean. My room was awesome. And the coffee was great. It wasn't all that much to stay. Anytime I needed anything, they didn't complain once. I loved it here. I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels. But this one is my number one. I will be coming back if I come to Virginia Beach again. 5 stars here. And I just wanna give a shout out to the staff at such a great job and to say thank you. You all did a superb job.

• Stayed April 2014
My staff and I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your time away from home. It was certainly a pleasure having you as a guest and I hope we can be your home away from home in the future.

Thanks again for staying and taking the time to comment on your experience here!

Kind Regards,

Middletown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel is very nice.and very comfortable. The room is very clean and spacious. Originally I had book the hotel for 4nights.but only stayed for one night. Because I wanted to be closer to the beach.breakfast was ok.the lady who takes care of breakfast.i think her name was Audrey. Was very friendly. You have a variety of fast food stores around.the only downfall is.the walls are paper thin.and the the people in the room next to ours.was very noisy until the wee hours.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
My staff and I want to thank first for choosing us to stay with and also for taking the time to write about your experience. We are always excited to hear of positive experiences!

I am sorry that you had some noisy neighbors and we will make sure you enjoy some peace and quiet on your next visit.

Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I know all hotels try for cleanliness, courteous service, easy access, lots of safe and secure parking and comfort. This nice hotel had it all! Room was clean as could be. Express breakfast had scrabbled eggs and sausage along with the coffee, cereals, juice, pastries. Staff was friendly. Bed and pillows perfect. We only stayed overnight - just passing through on our way to another destination but if we were to visit Virginia Beach, we'd stay here. Good job guys!

Room Tip: If you want clean and comfortable, this is your place
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for staying with us and letting us know of the positive experience. My staff and I look forward to seeing you on your next stop through Virginia Beach!

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I do work for the DoD, and stay in some places for over a month at a time. I usually move around from hotel to hotel because staying in one location gets boring quick, and I usually find something about the establishment I dislike. HOWEVER, I have been staying at this Comfort Inn for almost three months, and it's better than I could have imagined! I wasn't expecting the entire staff to be so pleasant and kind, but the staff and the pleasant, quiet atmosphere have made me a guaranteed return customer! There are so many local dine-out / dine-in establishments just around the corner, and I can't forget about the free breakfast! Flavored waffles, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, bacon, sausage links, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, several types of juices, a variety of fruit...of course there is more, but I think you get it :)

This is the only hotel I have ever written a review on, because it's that good. The point of this is to let you know, by staying here, you are going to be able to focus on YOU, and not be distracted by anything else. The word pleasant keeps coming to mind, and I guess that's what I want to convey to all of you reading these reviews on the hotels in the area - because that is what I read them for - to choose the best hotel the first time! And, that is this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
It was definitely out pleasure to have you stay with us! The staff asks me how you all are doing often and I hope things are going great with your new ventures.

We look forward to a visit soon!!

Thanks again for being a valued guest of ours!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

As a frequent traveler who stays in hotels all around the country...this one was clean, modern, quiet and comfortable. The beds were comfortable and the towels were soft for a hotel. Free hi-speed internet and large flat screen tvs in every room. We had a great stay and enjoyed the restaurants located within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience during your stay. I agree we have some excellent restaurants within walking and the Starbucks on the corner is perfect!!

We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel was in a good location for our visit. We were there for two nights. Our room was on the backside of the hotel and the view was of high power electrical lines which went over the hotel. Oh well, that wasn't that important for this visit because we weren't in the room except to sleep.

The first day housekeeping skipped us. So when we returned to the room it was exactly how we left it. So we had to call and get extra towels and deal with the room as it was. Also the first day we went to breakfast about 8am. We were the only ones there except for the breakfast "attendant" person. She was sitting there watching the tv. I went to get cereal and there were no bowls. She was totally oblivious to the supplies in the breakfast area!

The second day we had a similar experience at breakfast. Again, it was empty except for the same "attendant" who was diligently watching tv. There was no milk available in the canisters. Now note that this was early in the morning (about 8:30) and there was no one there. The hotel only had about 10 total cars so the place was pretty empty. Additionally, the huge trash can to throw everything away was literally spilling over! The girl in the breakfast area apparently was doing nothing! Not sure why she was even there.

On the positive side, the guy at the front desk was very helpful to us. It's a shame no one else in the hotel had his attitude.

Bottom line, I think that the issues with this hotel was because the hotel manager does not hold the staff accountable for high (or even mediocre) service.

Room Tip: If you prefer to look at a parking lot instead of an industrial area with high power electrical line...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
I am very disappointed as well that your stay was less than perfect. I am very shocked to hear the details of your stay. I can assure you I will follow up with the people involved in dropping the ball as I do not accept nothing but top notch service.

I also want to assure you that I am a hands on manager that takes comments and suggestions to heart. In other words feedback good and bad help make any operation better; so thank you for taking the time to write. If you would like to provide the details of your stay I would appreciate the opportunity to identify staff that needs some coaching to ensure others do not experience this very untypical behavior.

I hope we have the opportunity to make it up to you!

comfortinnvbgm@gmail.com

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!