“Nothing bad to say about this place.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Nothing bad to say about this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I know all hotels try for cleanliness, courteous service, easy access, lots of safe and secure parking and comfort. This nice hotel had it all! Room was clean as could be. Express breakfast had scrabbled eggs and sausage along with the coffee, cereals, juice, pastries. Staff was friendly. Bed and pillows perfect. We only stayed overnight - just passing through on our way to another destination but if we were to visit Virginia Beach, we'd stay here. Good job guys!

Room Tip: If you want clean and comfortable, this is your place
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I do work for the DoD, and stay in some places for over a month at a time. I usually move around from hotel to hotel because staying in one location gets boring quick, and I usually find something about the establishment I dislike. HOWEVER, I have been staying at this Comfort Inn for almost three months, and it's better than I could have imagined! I wasn't expecting the entire staff to be so pleasant and kind, but the staff and the pleasant, quiet atmosphere have made me a guaranteed return customer! There are so many local dine-out / dine-in establishments just around the corner, and I can't forget about the free breakfast! Flavored waffles, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, bacon, sausage links, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, several types of juices, a variety of fruit...of course there is more, but I think you get it :)

This is the only hotel I have ever written a review on, because it's that good. The point of this is to let you know, by staying here, you are going to be able to focus on YOU, and not be distracted by anything else. The word pleasant keeps coming to mind, and I guess that's what I want to convey to all of you reading these reviews on the hotels in the area - because that is what I read them for - to choose the best hotel the first time! And, that is this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
It was definitely out pleasure to have you stay with us! The staff asks me how you all are doing often and I hope things are going great with your new ventures.

We look forward to a visit soon!!

Thanks again for being a valued guest of ours!!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

As a frequent traveler who stays in hotels all around the country...this one was clean, modern, quiet and comfortable. The beds were comfortable and the towels were soft for a hotel. Free hi-speed internet and large flat screen tvs in every room. We had a great stay and enjoyed the restaurants located within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience during your stay. I agree we have some excellent restaurants within walking and the Starbucks on the corner is perfect!!

We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel was in a good location for our visit. We were there for two nights. Our room was on the backside of the hotel and the view was of high power electrical lines which went over the hotel. Oh well, that wasn't that important for this visit because we weren't in the room except to sleep.

The first day housekeeping skipped us. So when we returned to the room it was exactly how we left it. So we had to call and get extra towels and deal with the room as it was. Also the first day we went to breakfast about 8am. We were the only ones there except for the breakfast "attendant" person. She was sitting there watching the tv. I went to get cereal and there were no bowls. She was totally oblivious to the supplies in the breakfast area!

The second day we had a similar experience at breakfast. Again, it was empty except for the same "attendant" who was diligently watching tv. There was no milk available in the canisters. Now note that this was early in the morning (about 8:30) and there was no one there. The hotel only had about 10 total cars so the place was pretty empty. Additionally, the huge trash can to throw everything away was literally spilling over! The girl in the breakfast area apparently was doing nothing! Not sure why she was even there.

On the positive side, the guy at the front desk was very helpful to us. It's a shame no one else in the hotel had his attitude.

Bottom line, I think that the issues with this hotel was because the hotel manager does not hold the staff accountable for high (or even mediocre) service.

Room Tip: If you prefer to look at a parking lot instead of an industrial area with high power electrical line...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
I am very disappointed as well that your stay was less than perfect. I am very shocked to hear the details of your stay. I can assure you I will follow up with the people involved in dropping the ball as I do not accept nothing but top notch service.

I also want to assure you that I am a hands on manager that takes comments and suggestions to heart. In other words feedback good and bad help make any operation better; so thank you for taking the time to write. If you would like to provide the details of your stay I would appreciate the opportunity to identify staff that needs some coaching to ensure others do not experience this very untypical behavior.

I hope we have the opportunity to make it up to you!

Warm Regards,

comfortinnvbgm@gmail.com
SMF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Extremely pleased with my stay from start to finish. Well maintained property. My room was very clean and comfortable and I found the staff to be efficient, friendly and courteous. Highly recommended. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time write about your experience. My staff and I love to hear positive feedback.

We look forward to your return!!

Warm Regards,

Kinsale, VA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed here just before Christmas to visit family in the area. Our room was immaculate and spacious, the bedding was very comfortable. We missed the breakfast, but it smelled wonderful! There is a Starbucks, Jersey Mike's, Krispy Kreme, ABC (liquor) and sushi in walking distance. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
My staff and I are very glad to hear you had a great time while visiting family. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and have a great 2014!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I recently traveled to the Virginia Beach area for business. I was only down there once before many years ago and did not recall the area being very nice. To my surprise, the area has completely turned around and has a modern feel to the city. I was very impressed! The Comfort Inn & Suites is in a very central location close to the beach, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. The hotel staff was very accommodating when directing me to places I needed or wanted to visit. They also were very friendly and welcoming every time I passed through the lobby. The hotel is newly renovated and extremely clean which is very important to me when trying to get the “feel at home” experience while away on business travel. I will be traveling back down in a few weeks and I already have my room booked. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area to consider Comfort Inn & Suites for a quality stay and at a great rate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
My apologies for the late response; thanks so much for taking the time to write about your experience. It truly does help fine tune the operation and also lets us know when we are doing things right; so again thank you!

My staff and I look forward to your return!!

George Lawson

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!