“Better Than I Expected” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Maryland
“Better Than I Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked a room at the Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South and this hotel because I wasn't sure if I wanted to substitute cost for quality. I cancelled the Marriott the day before and decided to give the Comfort Suites Beachfront a chance. At first I walked in being very negative, looking for trouble because I was expecting the worst. However, I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in room 301, King Corner Suite and the room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The layout is really nice with the two balconies; one off of the bedroom and one off of the living room. The view of the ocean is fabulous and the wifi worked great.

The bathroom was nice, clean and very roomy; with a nice rain shower head (the water pressure was awesome).

The mini kitchen was very handy with everything we needed. We walked across the street to Walgreens and purchased drinks and snacks for the duration of the stay. The location is in walking distance to many restaurants and stores.

The free breakfast was nice and included, waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels, donuts, I believe 4 different cereals, a delicious yogurt parfait, yogurt, boiled eggs and much much more. We ate breakfast every day at the hotel, except the last day.

There is a very nice exercise room, with very up-to-date equipment, with a view of the Ocean.

The only negative I can think of is the pool wasn't open when we were the April 20th-24th, which is understandable, since many pools don't open until after Memorial Day. However, the other surrounding hotels pools at least had water in them. Also, I asked to see a regular King Suite to see if I should have paid the $10 a day difference for the King Corner Suite. And I am glad I did. I think it was worth the difference. I didn't like the layout of the regular King Suite. It was kind of like a railroad apartment, with all the rooms off of a hallway. It wasn't as cozy as a the King Corner Suite and your bedroom window is facing the hall, so I would think you can hear hall noise and people walking by. You could also see in other people rooms when you walked down the hall; not that I was trying to look.

Room Tip: Room 301, great view, nice quiet room, set back a bit off the hallway. Corner Suites have a large...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed here 1 night while traveling from FL to CT. While it's not really "on the way", I wanted to see VB on my way home with my daughter. This hotel was an excellent choice and I was sorry we could only stay 1 night. The front desk staff is very friendly and is very competent at running the desk. We had a nice chat with one of the ladies about colleges in the area. She knew the area very well.
The hotel is right in the middle of the strip, easily found from the main road. The hotel is in a long line of properties right along VB. All rooms are ocean front. We had a room on the 10th floor that was terrific! The room had recently been renovated and had a bedroom, bathroom sitting area (with the view) and a small kitchen.
The parking is included and is in an enclosed garage attached to the hotel. The hotel is convenient to the boardwalk and all the shops along the strip.
The one gripe we had was the pool wasn't open yet. It was 80 during the day and we would have liked to jump in.
There was an issue with some noisy guests during the night but from what I understand they were removed from the property.
I will definitely return to this hotel if traveling through this area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Richard M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you so much for your kind words and glowing review. We truly appreciate when our guest are willing to share their experiences and we are proud to hear we did so well. The entire team hear was happy to host you and only regret that you had the opportunity to stay with us for just one night. Hopefully next time you will have the opportunity to catch all the beautiful sights and attractions Virginia Beach has to offer. Please accept are apologies that the pool was not open during your stay. Our pool is open from Memorial Day to Columbus Day but I can understand your desire to go for a dip. We look forward to your next stay with us and hope the rest of your trip went as well.
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our first time visiting Virginia Beach. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit! The hotel, for the most part was great. Our room could definitely use some TLC and our bed was firmer than we prefer, but all in all we had a great stay. The location was just perfect. It was in within walking distance of just about everything that we needed. The elevators were quick, plenty of parking and the staff was very helpful and very nice! The layout of the room was great with having a separates for sleeping and living and the little kitchenette was a huge help.

Julie takes care of the morning breakfast on the 4th floor and she was fantastic! She kept everything very well organized and clean and was walking around with a smile on her face!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Richard M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
First of all allow me to thank you for taking the time to write such a heartwarming and kind review of our hotel! I am very happy to hear that all of our amenities impressed you, and don't worry, our team and myself will make sure we keep everything up to the same standards that impressed you the first time! However, I do sincerely apologize about the issue of the room needing some TLC, we will make sure to pay closer attention to this in the future. We will make sure Julie hears all of the nice words and appreciation you left her! Until we get a chance to see you again, consider us home at Comfort Suites Beachfront!

Warm regards,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First of all, we love Virginia Beach. We got engaged on the beach under the pier last year, so we came back this year to celebrate. Our stay this time was wonderful. The bedroom was separate from the living area which was great. The staff acknowledged us EVERY time we walked into the lobby. The room and the overall cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. Breakfast had a wide variety and was always fully stocked. There is a fitness center overlooking the beach... after that, I never want to work out anywhere else. Thank you Comfort Suites for spoiling me. Overall, we had an amazing stay. Thumbs up! See you next year!

Room Tip: Higher level floors make view of the beach so much better!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thanks for such an awesome review! We are delighted that you allowed us to be a part of your romantic celebration. We couldn't be happier to hear that we kept our customer service momentum going for you since you first started staying with us. We were overjoyed to hear you enjoyed the spacious suites and gorgeous view from our new fitness center. We will make sure everyone hears about your compliments. We will be glad to continue spoiling you on your next and all future visits with us!
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Professional and friendly staff all around. Colleen, the A.M. was very friendly and helpful.
Rooms were laid out well, nicely renovated, and CLEAN! Beds comfy.

Being guaranteed an ocean view was bonus.
Parking was easy.
Easy walk to several good restaurants.
Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Our guest should always receive nothing but the best service and knowing that our staff, including Colleen, went above and beyond for you is so excellent to hear. With our newly renovated rooms our team takes pride in our cleanliness to make sure you notice just how nice we are as a whole. We really do hope to see you again on your next visit to the Virginia Beach Oceanfront so we can make every memory here one for the books!
Beardsley, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was initially leary as Comfort Suites are usually quite dated. Nice surprise. Lobby and rooms are renovated & updated. Every room is oceanfront with a balcony. Breakfast is usual fare, but space for it is quite large. Free parking. Free wifi. I suggest a car rental as cab fare is high; especially if going to Norfolk. $50+ one way. There is an Enterprise near hotel and traffic was normal in the whole Beach area. I would recommend a cab to & from airport & renting a car for for getting around while there. Sorry this is so long, but I must mention the Hotel staff. I have never stayed anyplace where every staff member goes out of their way to ensure you are having a good time, making suggestions, and just giving general local tips. Olga, at the front desk is every business's dream employee! Congratulations, you guys, for making a trip special

Room Tip: No bad rooms
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Richard M, Manager at Comfort Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us and all TA readers. You have our heartfelt thanks!! I was delighted to know that you took a chance with us and found a treasure!

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our Comfort Suites. We truly appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled to hear of your wonderful stay with us. Thanks for mentioning our friendly and helpful staff and our rooms’ beautiful oceanfront views. You are sure to experience some amazing sunrises! Your review gives us a chance to celebrate our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wonderful place to stay the location and view can't be beat. The staff was helpful with check in and check out. The room itself was spacious and it was great to hang out on the balcony. Will be back when I return to the beach.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Richard M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments, we are thrilled you had an enjoyable stay. There is a beautiful sunrise waiting for you on that nice, private balcony overlooking the ocean We wish to see you again!

Been to Comfort Suites Beachfront? Share your experiences!