We booked a room at the Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South and this hotel because I wasn't sure if I wanted to substitute cost for quality. I cancelled the Marriott the day before and decided to give the Comfort Suites Beachfront a chance. At first I walked in being very negative, looking for trouble because I was expecting the worst. However, I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in room 301, King Corner Suite and the room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The layout is really nice with the two balconies; one off of the bedroom and one off of the living room. The view of the ocean is fabulous and the wifi worked great.
The bathroom was nice, clean and very roomy; with a nice rain shower head (the water pressure was awesome).
The mini kitchen was very handy with everything we needed. We walked across the street to Walgreens and purchased drinks and snacks for the duration of the stay. The location is in walking distance to many restaurants and stores.
The free breakfast was nice and included, waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels, donuts, I believe 4 different cereals, a delicious yogurt parfait, yogurt, boiled eggs and much much more. We ate breakfast every day at the hotel, except the last day.
There is a very nice exercise room, with very up-to-date equipment, with a view of the Ocean.
The only negative I can think of is the pool wasn't open when we were the April 20th-24th, which is understandable, since many pools don't open until after Memorial Day. However, the other surrounding hotels pools at least had water in them. Also, I asked to see a regular King Suite to see if I should have paid the $10 a day difference for the King Corner Suite. And I am glad I did. I think it was worth the difference. I didn't like the layout of the regular King Suite. It was kind of like a railroad apartment, with all the rooms off of a hallway. It wasn't as cozy as a the King Corner Suite and your bedroom window is facing the hall, so I would think you can hear hall noise and people walking by. You could also see in other people rooms when you walked down the hall; not that I was trying to look.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy Virginia Beach oceanfront lodging as you leave your cares to us. Every room is a suite. Every room is oceanfront. Centrally located in the heart of the Virginia Beach resort area, Comfort Suites Beachfront is within walking distance to shops, restaurants, attractions, Virginia Beach Convention Center and the entire Boardwalk area. Every room is a one bedroom oceanfront suite with a separate living and sleeping room. The living room is furnished with a sleep-sofa, table, chairs, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, TV and a private balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Separate bedroom with either king bed, or two double beds, and another TV.Separate, but together. Now that's a vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Suites Beachfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn At The Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Comfort Inn Virginia Beach