“Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our check-in went smoothly and we were very impressed by the front desk personnel during our stay. We had a corner suite (room 1001) with two balconies and chairs on each balcony. The suite had been updated with flat screen televisions, wet bar and sofa bed in the living room.

Our only complaint was there was no top sheet for the sofa bed and the blanket was filthy with stains and dried chocolate or blood on it. We called the front desk and someone brought a top sheet to our room as we had requested.

There were two ottomans in front of the sofa and when we moved them, there was a plastic wrapper between them and a brochure so evidently housekeeping did not move them when they vacuumed.

Breakfast was okay, nothing special. There was coffee in the lobby and also hazelnut and French vanilla cream which was an added bonus.

We would recommend this hotel and we will probably stay here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Select an upper room and you have a beautiful view of the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Richard M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you very much for providing us with this excellent feedback concerning your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff but would like to apologize for the linens we provide for our sofa bed. It is always nice to feel "at home" when you are away from home and clean linens are very much a part of that feel. I have addressed this with our team to insure we double check every room for these sheets and to make sure they are in fact clean. If you ever find yourself returning to the Virginia Beach area please contact us directly at 757-491-2400, so that we can personally take care of you on your next visit. Thank you again and we really hope to see you on your next get away!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had the pleasure of staying at this property on a short but unplanned trip to the oceanfront. the rooms are well maintained and very clean, the furniture was in excellent condition, the staff was very welcoming at arrival and helpful with any request I had. I would recommend this property to anyone visiting the Virginia beach oceanfront. Also a great value for the area. Thomas Trovato

Room Tip: I enjoyed an upper floor, a great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
On behalf of the entire team here at the Comfort Suites Beachfront, I would love to say thank you so much for this positive feedback. I have shared your review with the rest of the team and they are jumping with joy to hear about your stay with us. I am truly pleased that you enjoyed our suites along with our location and many of our wonderful features here. If you are ever in the area please call us directly at 757-491-2400, we would be delighted to have you back as our guest. Again, thank you and we hope to see you on your next trip to Virginia Beach.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay here! The manager was very accommodating. The beds are so comfortable and the extra living space is awesome for groups! And the showers.... They are so sexy! I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed October 2014
Richard M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort Suites Beachfront. The team here works really hard to make sure every stay is amazing, and I am pleased that I had the opportunity to personally see that your stay went well. While I never thought to describe our new showers as “sexy”, I am pleased that they exceeded your expectations and met your needs during your stay. The entire team looks forward to your next visit with us, and are happy to accommodate you when you do choose to return. Thank you for your review and we will see you again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I wanted to get away for a few days during Christmas, so we decided to go to Virginia Beach, which is just a couple hours drive. So, away we went! Our mini getaway turned out to be anything but humdrum.

But first, let me describe our room. We stayed in a Penthouse Junior Suite on the 12th floor, on the corner. The price was right, for certain, because of it being off-season. Plus, it offered an excellent view of the ocean and the colorful Christmas light displays up and down the boardwalk. Our suite was roomy and although it did not have a full-sized kitchen, there was a wet bar, small microwave, and refrigerator.

There is a large balcony, but it could only be accessed through the bedroom. No access from the living room. So, anyone who wanted to sit out there and enjoy a glass of wine late at night, would have to walk through the bedroom and disturb whoever was in there. Another factor is that there is no curtain over the door to the balcony, so the sun will shine in very, very brightly. The black-out curtains over the windows are an excellent idea, but if there is nothing covering the door and the bed is right next to said door, bingo, you get a morning light show, like it or not.

So, the bathroom was large, too, with only a shower, no tub. But be prepared when you take a shower, for the water runs out all over the bathroom floor! The shower curtain is about 10" too short and there is no ledge to keep the water inside.

Speaking of water: It rained cats and dogs on Christmas Eve. Because the hallways and elevators are outside, not enclosed,, and there is a large gap under the door, the pelting rain poured in and flooded the kitchen/dining area and had to be wiped up. I felt like I was on KP duty mopping up water continuously. Because it was a holiday, we didn't want to bother the housekeeping staff. Right after we checked-in, we told them told them not to worry about our room, so they could have more time with their families.

Okay, here comes the excitement. There I am on Christmas Eve, lounging around in my pajamas, drinking a Mimosa, when the fire alarm started blaring. My husband and I grab the laptop, iPhone, throw on our coats, and rushed outside. We then proceeded to run down twelve flights of stairs, thinking that surely the alarm would stop at any moment because it was a false alarm. Nope, it blared and blared. Reaching the ground floor, huffing and puffing, we saw other hotel guests standing around. Of course, I was the only one in my PJ's, though.

Up pulls not one, but three fire trucks with their sirens blasting, which added to the noise level. Firefighters from all three trucks rushed into the hotel. After a period of time and me wondering why I had not carried my Mimosa down with me, we were told we could go back to our rooms. No explanation, just return and go back where you came from. A group of people went to the elevator, but I told my husband, there is no way that I am getting on that elevator. We could see the rain running into the elevator shaft. So, up, up, and away we went, twelve more flights of stairs. Never, ever dismiss your inner voice. For lo and behold, the elevator broke down! It appears that there was a short in the elevator, caused by the water in there, which set off the alarm!

Sorry this is so lengthy, but this story needed to be told. To sum up: The hotel staff are very nice, the rooms are clean, and other than the incidents described above, Comfort Inn Beachfront could be an okay place to stay, especially if you are on a budget and the weather conditions are perfect. But I doubt whether we will ever reside there again.

Room Tip: Do not be confused. There is a Comfort Suites Beachfront and two blocks down, there is a Comfort Su...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your detailed review. I can see you put a lot of thought and work into your feedback. We truly appreciate it and I am sure future travelers will be happy for such I honest and descriptive narrative. Please forgive the length of my response, but a detailed review deserves a detailed response.
Thank you for your kind words on the condition and cleanliness of the room, and more importantly the positive feedback on our staff. The entire team appreciates your acknowledgment of their hard work.
I am in full agreement of your assessment of the balcony door and shower curtain. We have ordered drapery to correct the issue you noted in the bed room and have ordered a longer shower curtain to correct the shower issue. I apologize this was not noticed before your stay and assure that your feedback has allowed us to correct this for the next guest.
The severe storm we experienced during your stay did trigger a false alarm with one of our fire sensors resulting in the alarms being activated. The elevators were not affected by the storm but function as intended when a fire alarm is triggered by being recalled to the ground level and being locked down until the fire alarm is fully reset. While I am happy that all safety precautions functioned as intended, I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the false alarm.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback. While I know you stated you would not return to our property, please feel free to contact me directly if you ever return to the area. I would love the opportunity for a second chance to impress, and I will do everything in my power to provide you better weather during your next stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at the Comfort Suites Beachfront with friends who were visiting town for New Years. We picked it for the prime location of being able to sight-see and walk to local restaurants and nightlife. It was nice to feel like you are in the heart of the Oceanfront activity but still enjoy some peace and quiet. The hotel has undergone recent renovations and it shows - the place is NICE. Didn't get to check out the pool or fitness room on this trip but will be sure to next time! Check-in with Peter went smoothly and he was a friendly first impression of the hotel. Our group of friends even ended up spending most of the New Years in one of our roomy suites as we were having more fun there than walking around in the cold! Overall a great pick for a couples or friends getaway. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for choosing to ring in the New Year with us here at the Comfort Suites Beachfront. I am happy you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I shared your kind words with Peter and he sincerely appreciates you taking the time to note his hard work. We look forward to next your next stay. Please feel free to contact us directly when you choose to return, as you will always get the best rates by calling us at the hotel. Once again thank you and I hope you have a wonderful 2015.
Solomons, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The check-in process was very smooth and friendly, our suite was just as advertised with spectacular views of the boardwalk; extra special during the holiday lights show. The boardwalk location, off-season rate and number of beds is what attracted us to this property. With 2 teens, it was important they have their own beds, and this unit provided that for us. Very spacious upgraded bathroom and living area made this very comfortable for our 2 night stay. The room appeared very clean upon arrival, although we found an apple on the floor near one of the beds. We were surprised that we didn't have maid service after our first night. It really wasn't a problem, but we would have hung the towels differently to ensure they would be dry for the next day if we had known that in advance. I would still recommend this hotel, but took away a star for the housekeeping surprise.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Richard M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you very much for providing us with this valuable feedback concerning your recent stay. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel as a whole but it is weighing on my heart to hear how unsatisfied you were with our Housekeeping service. I can truly understand your frustration with this and as our guest you should feel as if you are at home and Housekeeping is an important factor in that experience. If you ever find yourself returning to the Virginia Beach Oceanfront area please contact me directly to let me know. Our team would be delighted to have a second opportunity to provide you the exceptional level of service and accommodations that you deserve.
Ahoskie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came in Dec 19-21 with my husband & 11 yr old daughter. We live fairly close, but wanted a weekend to see all the Christmas lights in the area and do some last minute shopping. The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was awesome. My husband now wants a waffle maker..lol. You definitely can't beat the ocean view and for $88 a night, I definitely got better than I expected. My daughter enjoyed the indoor pool and even though it's OFF season at the beach there's still plenty to do within a short distance. Will definitely return.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Richard M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this positive feedback from your most recent stay. With the many upgrades we have made over the past year to our hotel it is always nice to hear such wonderful comments and it warms our staff's hearts to hear that you and your family all enjoyed it. We would love to invite you back as our guest next December to see the lights if not sooner. Again, thank you so much and please come back and see us!

Been to Comfort Suites Beachfront? Share your experiences!