Visited with the family during the week of July 21st. Overall our stay was pleasant, but there are some areas that need improvement.
First the good: the rooms are all remodeled, and it seemed to us that the renovation is complete. There was no construction noise any time during our stay. The beds were comfortable and rooms large. There was a fridge and microwave as well as a small sink in the kitchenette that worked great for preparing fast meals in the room. Internet access worked reliably, but is not secure so use at your own risk. The included breakfast was actually pretty good and included cereal, eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, yogurt and toast. Of course there was also coffee, tea, and juices. The breakfast area is on the fourth floor, so there is a nice view of the beach. It was actually a pretty nice place. Be warned that it can get busy at times. Arrive early to enjoy breakfast in peace.
Now the not so good: while the staff have their hearts in the right place, some hospitality training would go a long way. For example, during check in one of the staff mentioned they just wanted to go home, which another girl responded that she had been working for ten hours straight. All this in front of a line of customers. On another occasion I mentioned to a housekeeper that it is a shame there are only two elevators and no service lift. Her response was that that is not the only thing deficient in the hotel.(by the way, both elevators worked during our stay) These are just a couple of examples, but there were more. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel with such low employee moral. It makes me uncomfortable to think what kind of work quality this leads to. As an example, the shower of our relatively newly remodeled room already had pink mold growing in the caulking! Probably due to insufficient cleaning by disgruntled employees.
However, overall we had a great stay at the hotel, and we got a good rate. Compared to other beachfront hotels, it is a good value. With a more hospitable staff, the place could be great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy Virginia Beach oceanfront lodging as you leave your cares to us. Every room is a suite. Every room is oceanfront. Centrally located in the heart of the Virginia Beach resort area, Comfort Suites Beachfront is within walking distance to shops, restaurants, attractions, Virginia Beach Convention Center and the entire Boardwalk area. Every room is a one bedroom oceanfront suite with a separate living and sleeping room. The living room is furnished with a sleep-sofa, table, chairs, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, TV and a private balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Separate bedroom with either king bed, or two double beds, and another TV.Separate, but together. Now that's a vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Comfort Suites Beachfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn At The Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Comfort Inn Virginia Beach