“Amazing view, renovated throughout ” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #72 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
“Amazing view, renovated throughout ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed 5 nights and our room was completely renovated, including the balcony. Pool area was really nice and clean with fire pits. They seemed almost done with the renovations except for little things like painting the frame of the elevator and hanging pictures. Everything was clean. The view was amazing from the 9th floor. This location is ideal - walking distance to everything. Kid friendly. Breakfast until 10am with a great variety. Pretty large parking garage. Layout is different but it works.. Bedroom faces the town / pool and living area with pullout couch faces beach. Would stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for a few nights for a business trip that took me to the area. To start at the beginning, the clerk at the counter was excellent upon check-in. He let us know about the limited elevator availability and the ongoing work to the outside of the building and the noise we could expect because of it.

The room was nice, you could tell it was recently remodeled. Comfy bed to sleep on, separate from the rest of the room. While there was no trash can in the main room, I simply used the one under the sink.

The view was EXCELLENT! Beachfront hotel that was actually beachfront!

Once the hotel completes the renovations, it'll easily get higher reviews. As it is, the limited (extremely long wait time) elevator holds it back quite a bit.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here as part of a group reservation for the sand soccer tournament June 6-8 (a huge weekend for businesses along the oceanfront). Let me start by saying that every employee I met here were very friendly and welcoming. With that said, I would still have to rate my stay as a solid average. Although the website says renovations will be complete in March 2014, there is still more work to be done (and being done). There were obvious signs of minor construction all around and on every floor, everything from carpet to tile piled up in the oddest places (like in an empty parking space in an already crowded parking garage and in a pile in the exercise room). As well as some signs of age and wear like rust and corrosion that still remain in the hallways, stairwell, and on the baloneys. Of particular annoyance was only one elevator was operating during a weekend the hotel was at or near capacity. We wound up walking down the stairs from the 11th floor every trip down and waiting anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the elevator trip up. The breakfast wasn't bad and seemed to be comparable to similar hotel breakfast offerings, and was promptly kept stocked by two attendants working during peak times. The room wasn't too bad either. Everything was new (everything from the refrigerator to the microwave to the TV to the furniture), and the bed was comfortable. The view from the room is spectacular. With all of that, there were a few small attention to detail items that left me wondering if anyone in a position of authority inspected quality of the workmanship. These included some gaps in the caulking to a sticker on the left hand side of the bar identifying it as a room bar. While these might seem small and insignificant, it tells me that rooms are being opened as soon as the paint dries and no one checks it with a fine tooth comb for inconsistencies to make them presentable. And makes me wonder, if that is being missed, what else is being missed? I would have liked to have had a small trash can in the living room area (we wound up moving the one from the bedroom). There was also a weird noise one night coming from the utility closet, I think it had something to do with the water pump.

For me, with the ongoing renovation and the elevator problems, the stay wasn't really worth what I paid.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We checked in to this location on June 7, 2014. We are only staying one night, but our rate was $239.99. The room was mostly as described, however, the "Wet Bar" was simply a sink. The elevator literally can take up to 10 minutes or more to get to you to the floor you want to go to. There was literally no parking so they tell me to park in a handicap parking space, I do park there, however, I feel uncomfortable parking there because what if someone with a actual handicap needs the spot. The Ice Machine is only on floors 6 & 8. I feel there should be an Ice Machine in at least one other floor as well. The pool is only open till 9:30pm. I am not sure that I would stay here again. $239.99 before taxes I believe is not appropriate for the headache of the elevator and parking. The good things I will say is the Suite is a very nice room, very nice view of the ocean front and beach/boardwalk. It's location is good as it is right in the middle of everything. If the price is lower, I would definitely stay here again. Maybe a couple extra hours for the pool to be open would nice as well. I mean if you go out for dinner and do any walking, it's going to be late and it would be nice to jump into the pool for a little while to wind down. I feel that it could be better for the money, but overall I would say it's "OK"

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn at the Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I was very helpful with our renovation process on what ares we needed to focus on. You will be happy to know our renovations are coming to an end soon and we will be a brand new Comfort Suites.

Thank you for staying with us during this time, I am sorry you had to experience us when we are not at our 100% best. I hope to see you back once our transformation is complete.
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I rarely write reviews but I wanted to write one since this hotel seems to have a lot of bad reviews. We recently stayed here for one night on our way back to DC from Nags Head. We had a large room on the 10th floor with an amazing view of the ocean. Our room was completely upgraded and was GREAT! It was large and clean. There was a separate seating area from the bedroom so it really looked like a small one bedroom apartment. The bathroom was large and even though it didn't have a bathtub we loved the large shower. Everything was also brand new which I loved. They were doing remodeling above us on this day so it woke us up around 7:15am but it wasn't a huge deal. The breakfast was well stocked and everything was fresh. There is also plenty of places to walk near the hotel for lunch and dinner options (or I believe the hotel has a place to eat on site). I really enjoyed having the couch in the living room instead of just watching tv on the beds like a normal hotel room. If we were to come back to Virginia Beach this would be our go to place!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Michael K, Manager at Comfort Inn at the Beach, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for being our guest and for the positive feedback. We really enjoy hearing wonderful things about our staff and our hotel.
Please come back and stay with us again!

Comfort Suites Beachfront
Clifton Forge, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is my second time staying here and this time was pretty disappointing. I love the looks of the room but they switched out the bath tubs with showers only.the shower door did not close all the way and flooded the bathroom floor every time. The room we stayed in was covered in ants and I probably had a half a trash bag full from cleaning them up over and over again.The remodeling process gets annoying when you are trying to sleep in until about 9 for your vacation and only here drills and and hammers beating around 7:30-8:00 in the morning. I have no problem with them remodeling but I was not aware it was still in process when booking my room. Their website made it seem like the process was going to be done in march but still seems like they're a few months out. I Loved this hotel for me and my wife's honeymoon but this time made me unsure if I would return.

Room Tip: call hotel directly to find out when remodeling will be over.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so very sorry to hear about your most resent stay with us. As you have stated we are under renovations and it has made it a little difficult for our guest. But, we really appreciate your feedback and for simply being our guest during this time.

Please come back and see us after our transformation is complete so we are able to give your our 100% best. Thank you again and I hope to see you back in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed during the recent renovation and I have to say it wasn't bad at all. The staff were more than courteous and even opened breakfast up early knowing our girls had to compete early. The room was wonderful,very spacious and clean!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff we thank you so much for being our guest and for the positive feedback. Our staff takes pride in our hotel even with the renovations going on and we are all very excited to welcome our guest from here on out with our brand new product.
Please come back and stay with us again!

Comfort Suites Beachfront

Been to Comfort Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!