“Don't bother!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mannino's Italian Bistro (Kempsville)

Mannino's Italian Bistro (Kempsville)
4402 Princess Anne Rd Ste 107, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
+1 757-474-4446
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mannino's Italian Bistro (Kempsville) is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,256 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino's Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas' at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Cafe Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey's Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hamptonroads Iron Chef competition.
va beach
“Don't bother!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

In an unremarkable plaza, next to a Wilco Hess station, which was just recently robbed in the evening, which is the only time this restaurant is open, you will find this pathetic little restaurant. No attention to detail when it comes to the decor and little more to the food or service. A less than ambitious wine list and limited knowledge from the wait staff regarding it.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

park city
“loved this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Excellent!!! lives up to the ratings in all ways---don't miss this place!!!!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Very Good. Nice night out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

New to the area, we went based on TA reviews. My husband and I enjoyed it very much - very good food, very attentive and accomodating staff. Food was slow to come out of the kitchen - we just reminded ourselves to enjoy the time (rare night out without our kids) and that we weren't at McDonalds! (Thankfully) Good menu - it was hard to decide; many great offerings. As good as the food was, it wasn't WOW and I don't feel compelled to go back; I will keep looking for THE Italian Restaurant. (Love BECCO in NYC.)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

We just returned from a holiday trip to VA Beach. Went to Mannino's after reading reviews on this site. My son and I had a truly wonderful meal. Attentive service. Pasta made perfectly. Homemade mozzarella! Even the table bread is perfect! The serving sizes are large and the food came piping hot to the table, which is heaven for me! No room for dessert sorry to say! We will be returning to this restaurant on our next trip to the beach.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
virginia beach
“Savory and money savvy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I was so impressed with Mannino's Italian Bistro! I took some friends there for my birthday and the food was out of this world! The beer battered fresh zucchini and homemade fresh mozzarella was gone within 5 minutes of Kate(our waitress) bringing it to the table. The calamari fritti was cooked to perfection and the marinara sauce to dip it in was the best I've ever had. For my entree I had the chef's specialty Tortellini Mannino (with proscuitto, caramelized onions and peas in a creamy parmesan sauce) and about a quarter of the way into it, I was stuffed, but the flavors were so delectable I just couldn't stop eating it! The wine list was one of the best I've seen in this area.
Not only was I savoring these wonderful flavors with every bite, but I felt like I was getting this meal for a steal for the moderate prices they were. For the price, service and quailty of freshness and flavor, I definitley recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves a good Italian cuisine!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere