We traveled to Virginia Beach for 5 days for a wedding, and we are so glad that we chose to stay at Hampton Inn. My *now* husband and I stayed with his mother and Aunt for 3 of the 5 nights in a suite. It was SO NICE! Double balconies, two super comfortable beds, a sleeper sofa, plenty of closet space, a huge bathroom, and TWO sinks. The halls were also clean, the pool was a blast, AND clean. They had plenty of pool towels, although we used our own. Our favorite part, was actually being able to eat and get full from continental breakfast. Most hotels we have stayed at previously only offered bagels, muffins, and a juice machine. This however, offered hot food, along with two waffle makers, a cereal bar. some cut fruit, yogurt, and oatmeal station, combined with the bagels and muffins. Sandy in the kitchen has such a great personality. She came to talk to us and clean our table almost every morning. We also saw her interacting with other guests, and she really is a good find for your service. Plenty of eating space as opposed to other hotels. Yes, they are renovating the floors through the lobby and hallway. It's a little bit of a mess, but they have signs upon entrance to the hotel, in the elevators, and caution signs in the floor. From my family perspective, we are glad to see them making the appropriate upgrades to keep the hotel top notch. The workers laying the floor are very nice, and truly do not try to be in your way. It will be beautiful when it is finished!
Needless to say, we plan on visiting again later in the year, will definitely stay here.
Oh, also, my Mother in Law needed to check out a day early due to a death in our family... LaShanda at the front desk was able to get us checked out, refunded, and on our way. Big thanks to her for the assistance.
Thanks Hampton for wonderful reservations and a great place to celebrate our wedding!
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South Hotel
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Oceanfront-South is one of the few oceanfront hotels in Virginia Beach located directly on the boardwalk. Right outside our doors, you'll find the sandy shores of the beach, bicycle rentals, and beautiful scenery. We are attached to the 11th Street Taphouse so stop in for a bite and a drink after a day in the sun. Every room in our hotel has an ocean view so you will never miss a sunset or sunrise from your balcony. Enjoy free hot breakfast with Hampton's signature waffles and oatmeal every morning plus free wireless internet to keep you connected. Our guest and accessible rooms have the comforts of home with the clean and fresh Hampton bed plus a refrigerator and microwave. As always, your stay with us is backed by the 100% Hampton guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.