We spent a week here in June 2012 for a family vacation. We arrived very late at night (close to midnight), they were accommodating, and changed our room for us when we could hear noise from Taphouse to an end room (high numbers). The staff was friendly (desk, housekeeping, breakfast) for the duration for our stay. Our room was clean, though like any hotel room that gets a lot of use and is oceanfront, it was starting to show a little wear - I noticed it in the bathroom. The beds seemed clean and were comfortable. Parking garage is attached to the building, you provide vehicle info upon check-in, and there is staff to monitor who goes in and out to ensure people don't park there who shouldn't. Hotel is at a quiet part of the boardwalk, which is exactly what we wanted, so if you are looking for a lot of action, you may want to stay further north. The room had small fridge, small flat-screen TV, 3-4 cup coffee maker, hair dryer, just about everything we needed to be comfortable. Our balcony had two chairs and a little table, very nice view of the ocean. Breakfast was nice, got a little crowded on the weekend. All kinds of juices, cereal and milk, waffle station, and a hot option that changed daily (i.e. egg and sausage). Would be helpful if they had a flow of one way in, one way out otherwise people are kind of a mess. Nice view of beach from breakfast room, this is also where door to beach is located. Comparing it to others in its class, they did a nice job - affordable, family hotel, clean, quiet, comfortable for a pleasant week at the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Oceanfront-South is one of the few oceanfront hotels in Virginia Beach located directly on the boardwalk. Right outside our doors, you'll find the sandy shores of the beach, bicycle rentals, and beautiful scenery. We are attached to the 11th Street Taphouse so stop in for a bite and a drink after a day in the sun. Every room in our hotel has an ocean view so you will never miss a sunset or sunrise from your balcony. Enjoy free hot breakfast with Hampton's signature waffles and oatmeal every morning plus free wireless internet to keep you connected. Our guest and accessible rooms have the comforts of home with the clean and fresh Hampton bed plus a refrigerator and microwave. As always, your stay with us is backed by the 100% Hampton guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Otel, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hampton Inn