“Great Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach

Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach
189 Central Park Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 (Northwest Virginia Beach)
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 1,160 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Cross street: Virginia Beach Blvd.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I go here frequently as part of our "date" night dinner and show. the food is always well prepared and with a fine presentation. The service has always been superb. The menu changes frequently and there are usually one or two nightly specials. the wine selection is also very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Norfolk, Virginia
“Next anniversary we'll go elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We live in Va Beach and eat out regularly, but had never been to Sonoma. We went for our wedding anniversary. Although my duck breast and my husband's lobster gumbo were very tasty, they arrived at the table barely warm. Entree portions are ridiculously small for the outrageously high prices -- I might have gotten as much as an ounce of potatoes and an ounce of overly-salty greens with my 3 ounces of duck. And my husband would have enjoyed his gumbo more if he hadn't had to dig the lobster meat out of the shell first (while his meal was getting even colder). I will say that their Caesar salad, which we shared, was perhaps the best I've ever tasted, and our waiter was attentive without being obtrusive. Overall, not so good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Nice atmosphere, overprices food and wine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The place is beautiful and the service is great, but it is very overpriced for the quality and quantity. My husband had a glass of wine which was nothing special. He also had a chicken and pasta dish whichm when served, was a portion similar to that of a frozen dinner entree. I wasn't too hungry that night so I had a caprese salad (a special for the evening) and added shrimp at the recommendation of the waitress. My tomatoes were hard and unripe, the balsamic glaze was scorched and the shrimp (3 small shrimp, nothing to write home about) added 6$ to the salad. Not worth it! Their bread however was fantastic.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Enjoyed the evening....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were 10 ladies and were seated in the private dining room for a special occasion. I had the Surf & Turf. The best part of my dish was the seared scallops. Everything else was a little bland to be honest. My friend on one side had the Almond Scallops & she didn't eat more than half of it. When the waitress asked if she wanted a to go box, I heard her say no, that the grilled bananas overpowered the dish. I didn't hear anyone say their meal was great, but I did hear some say good. Be careful as you walk through this restaurant. Several of us almost slipped because of water on the floor here & there.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Franklin, Tennessee
“Several Great Meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

A wonderful and fun spot. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent service....very friendly staff. Great place.....promise you will love.......

• Visited July 2013