“Enjoyed the evening....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach

Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach
189 Central Park Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 (Northwest Virginia Beach)
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sonoma Wine Bar & Bistro - Virginia Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 1,272 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Cross street: Virginia Beach Blvd.
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Enjoyed the evening....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were 10 ladies and were seated in the private dining room for a special occasion. I had the Surf & Turf. The best part of my dish was the seared scallops. Everything else was a little bland to be honest. My friend on one side had the Almond Scallops & she didn't eat more than half of it. When the waitress asked if she wanted a to go box, I heard her say no, that the grilled bananas overpowered the dish. I didn't hear anyone say their meal was great, but I did hear some say good. Be careful as you walk through this restaurant. Several of us almost slipped because of water on the floor here & there.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Franklin, Tennessee
“Several Great Meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

A wonderful and fun spot. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent service....very friendly staff. Great place.....promise you will love.......

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Virginia
“interesting & delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Excellent dinner place if it is a special occasion. You will not find plain steak and baked potatoes but rather delicious, unique selections. For $105 plus tip we enjoyed one appetizer (shrimp bruschetta $13), one salad with shrimp $15, one Budweiser $4, and two entrees (scallops $29 and flounder $30.) Flavor combinations were different and yummy. Incredible sauces. There are also pasta, steak, pork, and chicken options. Portions of the sides are smaller and the fish about 6 oz (four delicious scallops.) fresh baked bread included with meal. Our waiter was excellent and kept our water glasses full. We sat right by the front door surrounded by windows. We enjoyed people watching as we ate. A bit pricey but foodies will feel it is deserved.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Must go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I have had dinner twice and drinks and appetizers once and cannot say anything but excellent food and excellent service! I can't imagine anything coming from that kitchen that isn't superb. Can't wait to go back. So seldom do I find a gem like this. Go for an early dinner on Wednesday and you can catch the band and little farmers market in front of the Sandler Center.

Visited July 2013
“Very expensive for what you get; atmosphere is ok (if you can get past the rude hostess)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I went here for dinner with a friend and due to traffic we were 10 minutes late for our 5:15pm reservation. The hostess took a while to find our reservation and finally came up to us and rudely said that they had a 7:15pm reservation for that table and asked if that gave us enough time to eat. Really? I could understand if they were busy but the place had only 3 tables full at that early time. Also, if it takes us an 1 & 45 mins to eat there, that'd be the resturant's fault. After taking 30 mins to get our salads (the waitress explained a large party had just come in and our 2 salads were behind 10 others), I thought this is why we were being told we could be here only until 7:15 bc they knew the kitchen was slow. The Sonoma Pasta had no flavor and the noodles were on the hard to chewy side. My friend's pasta with tortalini, crispy ham, capers (I forgot the name of it) was amazing! I'd order that again but only as take out. The wine menu was extensive and we did enjoy that. Because it was 7pm by the time we got asked about dessert, we declined and went somewhere else since we'd been there way too long waiting for food and the hostess kept walking by eyeing our table since we had to leave before the 7:15 reservation came by.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere