“not used to not having refrigerator or microwave in room...” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #62 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Accokeek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was a very nice stay, sort of a mini vacation. My granddaugher was competing at the Nationals Dance Competition at the VA Beach convention center. So it wasn't far away and I enjoyed the oceanfront view. I would recommend the Ramada to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ruckersville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

For an Anniversary stay this site fell way low on what was expected. Our first room the A/C just would not hack it. The maintenance guy tried to change out the unit and it stopped working, so they switched our room. NOTE: The maintenance man told us that the hotel started using A/C units that were quieter BUT would not cool the rooms. The old units were louder but worked better. They gave us a smoking room that REAKED of smoke. The manager NEVER checked on us in the AM. Around 1:45 Saturday the finally called to offer us a different room and DID offer to help us move. The third room had the old A/C unit but the outside temp was well over 95 and the A/c unit did not keep up. The hotel is REALLY showing signs that it needs upkeep as paint is peeling everywhere, carpet is dated and there is NO A/c in elevators that were unbearable. Staff was pleasant BUT not overly helpful. There is a complimentary valet service with tips. The web site and book in the room listing amenities BOTH imply that beach chairs, etc. are complimentary BUT that is wrong. Even the phone # listed in the room for the beach chairs is a hotel extension that does NOT connect with the vendor. Don't think we will ever stay here again!. Also after having to switch rooms to the third room the staff did not offer any discount or any other form of compensation for our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the older A/c unit Actually stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarksburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Never changed out sheets. The hallway was extremely hot are AC in our room didn't work properly our door got stuck every time we would leave and we would have to open it by using force and slamming ourselves against it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the first time I've left a review on TripAdvisor, but I read them all the time, so I thought I would help out fellow travelers.

Pros:
- I booked this room with the android app "Booking.com". I booked it on 2 hours notice at a very reasonable rate considering it's the middle of summer at the beach.
- Front desk staff and valet (the only employees I've needed to interact with) have been EXTREMELY friendly and great
- the view is fantastic; I can't imagine that there is a bad view here
- the room is a decent size with larger-than-expected balcony

Cons:
- I'm in room 417 which is right next to the elevator. Avoid this room if you don't want to hear loud guests at all hours and the sound of the elevator very regularly
- the a/c unit keeps the room cool enough, but the "constant fan" button doesn't work. The a/c keeps turning off and on. I like a room with a constant fan because it acts as white noise, which would come in handy since I'm so close to the elevator.
- I agree with other reviewers about the hallways being unbearably hot.
- no fridge in the room is very inconvenient, and I was surprised about that because it seems pretty standard in hotel rooms these days to have a fridge.
- there is currently live music going on outside, and I wish that I didn't have to listen to it while in my room trying to sleep.

The bottom line is that I'm only here for one night. If I was planning to stay longer, I would probably ask to be moved away from the elevator and/or to have someone look at the a/c. For what I needed, this hotel met my needs (for one night), and I couldn't ask for better service or an easier last minute booking experience through the app that I used.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!