“Renovated” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #53 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Renovated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a great experience. Besides the paint smell, the hotel was really good. The hotel room had new carpet and freshly painted walls.... The room was clean and the service was good. My family enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MarkSmith1024, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Yes , renovations are moving along and thank you for your understanding. We are excited about the refresh and upgrade.

We have a Managers reception every Wednesday night which offers a variety of wine selctions along with a gourmet assorted age cheeses. Our cook to order pasta station is a guest favorite. Please say hello the next tiime you visit.

Mark Smith GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here between the 15:th of April to the 18:th of April 2013.

We had 3 rooms and we was 8 in the family. I would recommend this hotel!

They was renovating two floors but we did not experience any disturbance due to this.

Friendly staff, nice rooms and overall very good experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MarkSmith1024, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank You for your nice comments. Renovations will be completed soon. Please join us again. We offer free shuttle to the Town Center entertainment center just minutes away. Every Wedensday night we have our complimentry managers reception which offer a made to order pasta bar with beverages and assorted cheese display.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I didn't stay at the hotel, but travelled there to hear a great keyboardist - Robbin King. We had a wonderful time listening to the music. The service was great! We decided to come just for an evening of entertainment and of course - dessert!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your nice comments. Our new menu includes Tapas items for the Agua lounge which are ideal for having while relaxing to jazz.

Richlands, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here on 3/31/13. I was accompanying my husband who was traveling overnight on business. Check in was a breeze and we were even able to check in a little early. There are renovations ongoing but I wasnot bothered by it at all. The workers I ran into were all polite and friendly. We were in an older room but it was clean and had everything we needed. Bed was sooooo comfortable! We were on the highway side and were not disturbed by traffic noise but we are both deep sleepers.

We used the pool and it was awesome. Perfect temp and we were the only ones there which was nice (it was a Sunday afternoon and we got lucky I guess!). The one strange thing was that the hottub was not functional and was filled with sand! I guess that is a safety measure but sand was tracked onto the tile and into the pool. Not a huge deal, just odd.

The bartender at Aqua, Tim, is AWESOME!!! Sunday evening my husband and I decided to go out for dinner. Before leaving we stopped into Aqua and Tim made me a fabulous cocktail and gave us recomendations for dinner. Had such a good time we stopped back at Aqua when we returned from dinner. He really git our night off to a great start. Carlos drove us to dinner in the shuttle and when we were ready to be picked up we just gave a call to the hotel. Carlos was also super friendly. The area shuttle is a nice perk!

We will definitely return the next time we are in Virginia Beach. Can't wait to try a renovated room. But no matter what, the staff we encountered we all awesome and helped make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MarkSmith1024, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank You I am glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you return soon to the exciting things that are happening here soon. The hotel is in its final stages of refreshing our rooms while public areas are slated for next fall. Unfortunately you witnessed the beginning of the elimination of our Jacuzzi. The Jacuzzi was not able to meet some of the new federal requirements so we have to remove it. Thank you for mentioning our staff members by name they will receive reorganization cards for our employee reorganization program.

Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I travel to Va. Beach on business once a year and always stay at the Crowne Plaza. It is simply the best! A comfortable, clean and elegantly appointed room accompanied by the nicest staff you can imagine. The staff made restaurant, mall and taxi recommendations and kindly gave me very specific driving instructions as well. If you're on business and need to stay near the Town Center, there is no better choice than the Crowne Plaza. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

While the hotel itself isn't cushy or posh, it is a nice place for the money. The desk personnel coudn't have been friendlier. The room was clean, large enough, and had a coffee maker, which is getting harder to come by. I was disappointed that the hotel wasn't within walking distance of Town Center, as the name would make it seem, and the shuttle doesn't run til 5.

The restaurant was suprisingly good for such a small property. I had dinner there, and then met friends for breakfast.

With a car, it is very convenient to Town Center, the beach, and other attractions. My purpose was a short business trip. I would go back again if business took me there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
NYC, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

So this was my first time staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at VA in Towne Center. I wasn't sure what to expect as I normally stay in Chesapeake, but friends and family convinced me to stay closer to the 'hot spots'.

The hotel lobby is very large, and quite nice. Check in was a breeze and the front desk receptionist was very friendly and accommodating. The room itself was nice. I normally like to have a room with separate living and sleeping quarters, but since I was only going to be there for 2 nts, this was fine. The only thing that I really didn't like...the euro style pillows. I can't understand those! The room was rather clean and spacious. The bathroom was the regular bathroom (sink, toilet and shower ) all in one room (haha). There was a microwave and mini fridge for your convenience, as well.

This is good for a quick stay and should be fine for most. For longer stays with perhaps kids, you may need to invest in another option.But I enjoyed my stay here, and will likely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center? Share your experiences!