“Great Stay close to the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2604 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #48 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Stay close to the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This was my first stay at this Clarion and it was an excellent one. It was in close proximity to the Pavilion Convention Center which was great.

My room was immaculate and very well equipped. There were two queen beds, a microwave, mini-fridge, iron and ironing board, flat screen tv, hair dryer, coffee maker, and even a small area with a couch to relax and unwind. There was even an exercise room available near the breakfast area. They do need on-demand movies though.

The free Breakfast had enough choices for any appetite and all the items were well stocked by the staff. It was one of the coldest days that I have ever seen in Virginia Beach as temps were in the low teens with snow and ice covering everything but the staff was very helpful with any questions that I had about eating choices in the area. This time of year most places are closed for the season.

I really did enjoy my stay at this Clarion.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Carolina Beach, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Upon our arrival in february 2015 off season we found this PET FRIENDLY hotel which there are very few here in Virginia Beach. It is NOT oceanfront but across the street from the ocean. Prices were very reasonable at 48 using our AAA card room was very clean staff very friendly the breakfast was full hot breakfast very good parking could be tight in season.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

OK...let’s start off with check in. We arrived on Friday 1/16/15 at 3pm to check in. We got our room but when I saw the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the room door I knew it wasn't going to be good. We walked in and the room was still dirty from the previous guest. I called the front desk and they said to come down and she will switch my room. The only other king size room available was on the first floor and I NEVER stay on the first floor, so we were stuck with the dirty room. The housekeeper left for the day so she had to call their handy man to the desk. The clerk stated to me it was a good thing they trained him to clean rooms. Well, when he got to the front desk and told he had to clean a room, he was not happy and I don't blame him! I met him at the room and he didn't realize the bed also needed clean linen. He told me this was totally unacceptable and he was going to speak to the owner in the morning to get us a discount. We got NOTHING. On Sunday morning, we left the room for breakfast and returned around 9:45. I saw the housekeeper cleaning a room at the beginning of the hall and she did not make it back to our room yet. We stayed and waited for her to come and then we would leave. At 11:45 I saw her cart across the hall next to our room so we decided to leave and do some shopping. We returned at 1:30 pm and her cart was on the other side of the hallway cleaning rooms. I stepped into my room and nothing was done. Around 2:30pm she knocked on our door and asked if we wanted our room cleaned but by then we were getting ready for the football game. They need to do some training with their housekeepers! The breakfast was nothing to brag about. The usual cold cereal, waffles, eggs and sausage. Probably WON'T stay there again!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Leanna:

Thank you for your review. We did have an error in the system that day. We had the room out of order because we had caulked the tub that morning. It was put back in the system. It did not alert us of any kind of oversell on the king room type because we did have the king available on the first floor. I am glad they were able to get the room on the higher floor cleaned for you.

The other issue you had was housekeeping. It is procedure in our hotel to clean checkouts first in order to have rooms ready for people checking in. The housekeeper then services the rooms staying over for the day. Our staff is always willing to make accommodations to make our guests happy. If we had known the morning was a more convenient time she would have been more than happy to service your room earlier.

Complimentary breakfast is not a brand standard for Clarion Hotels. Our owners decided to offer it at our hotel as an added amenity for our guests. We are always looking for new innovative ideas for breakfast. This winter we started making breakfast Stromboli which has been a big hit. If you have any suggestions on ways we could improve breakfast please email me at jennifer@clarionvabeach.com.

Again, thank you for your review. We are very proud of our hotel and we take comments very seriously. We do hope to have you back soon!
Chisinau, Moldova
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

We spent 10 days at Clarion in January and I wasn't very satisfied with what we got. Rooms are nice, spacious and cozy, but the AC machine made such a noise, we had to stop it over night because we couldn't sleep, and AC was the only way to heat the room. Also housekeeping was bad, there were several days in a row when the only thing they did was make the bed and that's it, no vacuuming, no dusting, no changing the towels etc. Location of the hotel is great, front desk staff was very nice and helpful, breakfast buffet was good, but housekeeping ruined it for me.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

We had a really good rate but initially I thought I had made a mistake for not staying on the Boardwalk. This hotel is the street behind so just a short walk. Room was a poor colour, lime green and brown, the general colour scheme of the hotel. Out of season so no pool or restaurant open. BUT the staff were excellent, bed very comfortable, nice TV with Country Music Television and the free breakfast was one of the best with helpful cook. So a very good two night stay with some of the nicest staff we have encountered. Recommended

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Aaron:

Thank you for your review! Our staff is great and truly cares for our customers and I am glad it shows! Many people are apprehensive when seeing we are across the street from the beach but our rooms are huge and we do have an amazing breakfast! Sorry you did not like the wall color. I will mention it to our owners next time we are due for a renovation. Come back and see us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night. I was very impressed. The staff was very nice, the room was excellent and so was the free breakfast. There was even a person on duty to make special order sandwiches. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
Chris:

Thank you for your kind review. We work hard and take pride in our hotel. Your kind words really made our day! I hope you tried our new breakfast Stromboli! It is amazing!
Hedgesville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

We recently stayed at the Clarion Inn for the second year in a row. The front desk staff was so friendly, very helpful in locating restaurants away from tourist paths, and quickly resolved simple problems we had with linens. Breakfast provided by the hotel had a large selection which very good, the tables were clean and the breakfast bar kept well stocked. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Larger suites are located by the elevator and can be heard at night.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Justin A, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave a review from your recent stay at the Clarion Inn & Suites. It is wonderful to hear you had such a delightful time in Virginia Beach. I will be sure to share your kind words with the Front Desk and Breakfast staff. We thank you for choosing Clarion for the past two years, and look forward to any future stays with us while you travel to the area.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!