“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2604 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #49 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed in this hotel in mid August and it was kind of average. Room was a little musty and I think that's because it's at the beach but our room didn't have a window/balcony which makes it difficult to air out well. It's one block off the beach - you have to cross Atlantic Ave to get on the sand, so if you have kids/teenagers, not so simple to let them go on their own. There is only one elevator and the property is a little bit on the older side. Rooms were clean but a little on the small side.
My wife is a diabetic and stored some of her insulin in the mini fridge. Unfortunately, it froze which rendered it useless - it was a good amount of money down the drain. I brought it up with the front desk and they didn't really have much to say. When we got home, I emailed the hotel about it and the general manager gave us a credit for one night, which was really really nice and very much appreciated.
So a pretty average hotel, but the manager definitely treated us right.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Enjoying our stay here at Virginia beach. Room is great! Complimentary breakfast. Staff is friendly and the GM Jennifer Meads is outstanding, she really makes you feel welcome and has guided us to make our Virginia vacation amazing.
So happy we are here!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've stayed in many hotels and the clarion was so wonderful to me. The front desk staff always made it a point to ask me how I was doing. The breakfast girls were so sweet. And housekeeping made me feel right at home always making sure I had what I needed. Even tho the hotel across the street , you can't beat the price. I sure will be making clarion my hotel of choice when I come to Virginia beach, thanks for such wonderful service!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Justin A, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff goes to great lengths to ensure each and every guest is provided with the excellent level of customer service that is associated with a property such as ours. I am so happy to hear that you found our staff to be so accommodating. We hope to see you again during any future trips you may take to Virginia Beach.
Honesdale, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a nice hotel and located right across the street from the beach. Very clean .Friendly staff. Great breakfast. No problems at all. Housekeeping was wonderful. Front desk associates were very attentive to our needs. Highly recommend .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Justin A, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in offering the very best in customer service to all of our guests. I will be sure to pass along your words of encouragement to our various staff members and departmental managers. We hope you will choose to stay with us again for any future trips to the area.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed at the Clarion for about a week with my family,had such a blast. The staff was amazing, they always make you important. The room was perfect, loved my view the ocean! May not be oceanfront but the view was great. The bar had wonderful drinks, n breakfast was always good. I will always be staying there when I come back to Virginia beach. Thank you for such a great stay!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking leaving such wonderful feedback from your recent trip. I am very happy to hear that you were able to take full advantage of our poolside bar and complimentary hot buffet breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again during the next trip you take to Virginia Beach.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Being a neat freak please keep this in mind upon entering the room I noticed the floors were not vacuumed. I do my own cleaning their staff was very helpful in getting me what I need vacuum cleaner, extra towels, tile cleaner, sheets or whatever it was they were very helpful. Over all a pretty good stay.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to leave our property feedback from your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the carpet not being fully vacuumed upon your arrival to your suite. I have informed the General Manager and she assures me she will discuss this issue with our Executive Housekeeper. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and accommodating to your needs. Come see us again any time you are in the area.
Staunton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Let me start by saying that this hotel is not all bad, but the bad outweighs the good here. Our room was $147 a night with AAA rate. Not bad for the middle of August, but next time I will invest a little more money to avoid staying here.

The location is great. It is not an oceanfront hotel, but you can literally walk 100 feet and have your feet in the sand. The front desk staff: great. Very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is "quiet". We could not hear our neighbors or much hallway noise. The beds were comfortable. The good stops there.

When we first checked in, we were put in a room that smelled so much like cigarette smoke, we could not breathe. This is a non-smoking hotel. I called the front desk and told them we definitely needed a new room. After going back down to the lobby on THE elevator (only ONE elevator), we were checked into a room that smelled like mold. It appears that the ceiling in our room had/has water and/or mold damage near one of the sprinklers. We decided to go with it for 3 nights and bought an air freshener and a can of spray.

The carpet in the room is disgusting. Do not walk around without your shoes on. My daughter had on a pair of socks and they were so filthy from walking around in the room for an hour or so, we had to throw them away.

The bathroom had trash and someone's toothbrush under the sink in the floor. It's not ours! The bathtub has a slow drain and the toilet only half flushes. The bathroom is VERY small.

The pool is the size of a postage stamp and it is filthy.

We went to the breakfast area once and left. This is too small of an area to expect everyone in the hotel to take advantage. The line was very long and there was no place to sit and eat because all of the tables were full, and people waiting for tables to open up.

Our room was not cleaned at all on 8/13. I called housekeeping at 4:00 and told them our room was not cleaned and we had trash and needed new towels. We left the hotel at 4:30 and when we returned at 7:30, our room still had trash in it and no new towels. I called the front desk and a gentleman finally showed up to service the room.

There is a stain on the sofa and I don't even want to know what it is. There was a used spoon on top of our refrigerator and trash between it and the cabinet it is sitting in.

I booked this room based on TA reviews. This is the one time in all my travels since I started using TA that I feel like the reviews let me down. I hate giving bad reviews and I seldom do. This place just has far more negatives than positives.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to bring these items to our attention. On behalf of my entire staff, I would like to apologize for the multitude of issues you experienced while staying with us. Our property is completely smoke-free, with a penalty of $150 for those guests whom violate the policy. We make every effort possible to keep guests from smoking in their rooms. We have contacted a third-party company to come in and steam-clean every carpet and clean out every AC unit in the hotel to eradicate the smell you had mentioned.

I will be speaking, with great length and detail, to my Executive Housekeeper about the condition of your suite. By our standards, it is not acceptable for any dirty items to be left over from a previous guest's stay. The inspections done by our Executive Housekeeper should be catching these mishaps. I will reiterate this fact to her during our discussion. I will also emphasize the need for the Housekeepers to properly service every guest room once a day with stay-over service.

I would again like to sincerely apologize for the issues which occurred while you were a guest with our hotel. Our only hope is that you may be able to give us another chance in the future to prove we are quite capable of exceeding every one of your expectations.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!