“Great hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2604 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #46 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Great hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Everything was great at this hotel except the fitness center really needs a better universal weight machine. Other than that the staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast was filling and fresh. The rate was good. Will definitely be staying here again in the future when traveling through the area :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Justin A, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave positive comments about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you found our breakfast to be so refreshing. We will take into consideration your suggestion for improving our weight room with a more universal weight machine. We look forward to the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was a nice hotel, the rooms were clean and it seemed to be newly remodeled, the price was right. For the football tournament I attended , I thought they offered a wonderful price to the team and families. I did not however like the free breakfast. I went down there two mornings and the place was trashed so I only took a pack of oatmeal to eat in my room. While my stay was ok, next time I will choose the holiday inn directly across the street, because it was oceanfront plus I like that brand a lot better than choice hotels. this is the 2nd time I stayed in a choice hotel inside of 2 months and the other , the breakfast was like," What in the world is this?"

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you had a good time while you were down here for your youth football tournament. I am sorry for the condition of our breakfast room. I will share this information with our staff and ensure that it does not happen again. I hope you will make our hotel your destination for any future trips to the area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We are the Northside Hurricanes, a youth championship football team out of Charlotte, N.C. Last year, we stayed at the Marriott, which was ok, but really wasn't much for activities.

This year, we stayed at the Clarion in VABeach. Instantly, Jeri and her team went out of their way to ensure our comfort and hospitality. Coaches, parents and kids alike. What was amazing is that this small staff very acutely and sincerely resolved every concern and question with expediency.

The kids were close to the military memorials downtown and even walked across the street to the beach, which was baffling to many of them. Even the parents enjoyed the gracious hospitality of the staff opening the lounge, which was closed in the offseason as well as the exciting social life on the adjacent boulevard.

The staff at this hotel was very cordial, friendly and knowledgeable of the area to assist anyone of all ages with social activities. They are to be commended for a very memorable and first class stay.

Thanks

Coach Rick

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Justin A, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you very much, Coach, for taking time out of your day to review your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you, your staff, players, and parents all had a nice time while at our property. Our staff always strives to provide the very best level of service for our guests. We hope you will choose our hotel again as a location for your team when you travel to the area.
Plover
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I can't imagine finding a better deal. It was one of the lowest price options available and only a block from the beach. The room was nice and large. The guy working when we checked in was very nice and so was the lady working the breakfast area. I would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Justin A, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel while visiting Virginia Beach. Our staff always strives to provide the best experience for our guests. We look forward to your future visits.
Forest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were booked with this hotel through bookmygroup for an upcoming soccer tournament. The tournament was cancelled and guess what they are charging us for a room plus tax for one night anyway. Most of the other hotels that bookmygroup used are not charging anyone anything. We tried to talk to the people at the front desk and they stopped answering the phones, tried customer service and they could not get the front desk to answer their phones. Very poor customer service and very disappointed that all of our friends and other teams who were given other hotel choices are not having to pay a dime............and we are having to pay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very nice and upgraded interior of the hotel. Very Clean. Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Nice breakfast. Hotel is not beachfront but it is just over 100 yards to the beach so it was easy access. For the mere 100 yds walk, the cost savings was worth it. I enjoyed my sunrise walk on the beach. Signage for the building coming from the south could be improved. I knew the address and still drove by it. Quickly turned around and the signage was clear coming from the north. I would return here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin A, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your positive feedback regarding your stay. It is wonderful to hear that both the room accomdations and staff met your expectations. We look forward to the next time you decide to come in town.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Old building, with small pool, and one (often broken) elevator. The hotel is not on the beach, but a block away. Rooms are actually quite spacious, and not a bad view, but with all that space, they seemed to want to make the bathroom as tiny as possible (I mean barely fit in there). Old but relatively clean ... I think ... as beach hotels go. Not a bad location, but I guess you pay for location ...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with our hotel. I apologize for the elevator issues you experienced during your time at the property but I can assure you the situation has been corrected. In July of 2011 we renovated the property, so I am sorry to hear that the age of the property did not meet your expectations. I hope you will consider our property for future stays.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!