“Nice hotel at an excellent price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2604 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #51 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pa.
“Nice hotel at an excellent price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed just one night at this hotel and found it clean, comfortable, affordable, and convenient to the ocean, shopping, and evening entertainment. The room was very nice and the desk staff helpful and pleasant. The breakfast area was clean and the breakfast good. Overall a very pleasant stay. Our only complaint was the "information" people in the lobby when you first went in. We told the person there when we checked in that we had been to Virginia Beach before and did not need any information, but they then called our room about an hour later to ask us again to come down and talk with them. That was very annoying and totally unnecessary.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had 5 kids 2 adults. Great location. Awesome staff. Everything you need from food, shopping and entertainment was right at your doorstep ! Would definitely recommend this hotel . You literally just walk across the street and your at the beach

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was new and shiny- room was larger than average and freshly decorated.. The only complaint was the messy young housekeeping girls- they seemed to be goofing off rather than working.
The location is good if you want to be in walking distance to the strip and beach. Breakfast is included.

Middletown, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Me and my family ( 8 members) stayed at this hotel Aug 5 thru Aug 8. Our experience from check in with Kristin, Justin providing me details about activities and restaurants, and checking out with Clarissa made our customer service experience a good one. It was a peaceful stay and within walking distance of activities. This was beneficial for me since I had two twelve year old boys to entertain. It rained the first full day we were there, but Justin provided me directions to the bowling alley which was a 10 minute drive. There was also indoor miniature golf about 1 block down from the hotel. I really loved the location, everything was within walking distance. I travel at least twice a year, so I am a big on customer service. This is what expresses me. If there is an issue, I gauge how long it takes the staff to resolve the issue and there attitude in completing the task. This hotel for me was right on point with the minor issues I did have. They were resolved quickly. I am not a picky individual, so my expectations are within reason. With that being said, my review is based on that. I enjoyed the Clarion. They met the needs of my family

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent the weekend at the Clarion on August 9-11. The room was clean and had a couch for sitting. The breakfast was very good. It included eggs, sausage links, biscuits, grits, pastries, juices, coffee, and waffles. On Sunday all the above plus sausage gravy. It was a short walk to the beach and other attractions. The only cons were the air conditioner was loud and the internet was slow. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nights here with my family of 5 and had a wonderful stay! I certainly got my money's worth!! The hotel was across the street from the beach, pool was never crowded, room was clean and well equipped, the bar had great drinks, service and specials!! Also, the staff was friendly and accommodating, no matter the hour or what I needed they were quick to respond. I have been visiting VA beach for 3 years now and by far my stay here was the best experience I had. Oh and my room view was of the pool so I was able to relax and still see the wife and kids as they enjoyed the pool.

Harrogate, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

For a girls weekend we chose this hotel due to being a choice privilege member. Overall it was a really nice stay. It did not start out so well as it seemed that the parking was somewhat difficult. Then upon checking in we got to experience the very unprofessional desk clerk Clorice or Clorissa, whichever it may be. She acted like all the guests were just her buddies. She was very upset for a food delivery guy bringing her food to her but forgetting her drink. She made a big scene about it. Honestly, I could care less about her lunch. Check me in and lets go..deal with it after we leave. Once checked in the room was very nice. It is not ocean front and if there is an ocean view it is LIMITED. The rooms are huge but the bathrooms are so small and the lighting in the room overall was minimal. But the room was clean, the rest of the staff was very pleasant. The pool we did not use but it looked nice however it was rather small. There is a bar by the pool which would be easy to use even though we did not. Oh and watch out for teenagers thinking it would be cool to jump off the second floor balcony into the pool, yeah we got to witness that one! Upon checking out, breakfast was good. It is rather cramped in the breakfast room on weekends so you may have to take your food out but its free so its worth it :) And when turning the keys in Justin, whom i believe is the manager was very pleasant. So overall I would stay here again, just was not completely satisfied.

Room Tip: You may want to request a room with an "ocean view" even though its not really. Its just f...