“Excellent Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2604 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #37 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Middletown, Delaware
“Excellent Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Me and my family ( 8 members) stayed at this hotel Aug 5 thru Aug 8. Our experience from check in with Kristin, Justin providing me details about activities and restaurants, and checking out with Clarissa made our customer service experience a good one. It was a peaceful stay and within walking distance of activities. This was beneficial for me since I had two twelve year old boys to entertain. It rained the first full day we were there, but Justin provided me directions to the bowling alley which was a 10 minute drive. There was also indoor miniature golf about 1 block down from the hotel. I really loved the location, everything was within walking distance. I travel at least twice a year, so I am a big on customer service. This is what expresses me. If there is an issue, I gauge how long it takes the staff to resolve the issue and there attitude in completing the task. This hotel for me was right on point with the minor issues I did have. They were resolved quickly. I am not a picky individual, so my expectations are within reason. With that being said, my review is based on that. I enjoyed the Clarion. They met the needs of my family

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent the weekend at the Clarion on August 9-11. The room was clean and had a couch for sitting. The breakfast was very good. It included eggs, sausage links, biscuits, grits, pastries, juices, coffee, and waffles. On Sunday all the above plus sausage gravy. It was a short walk to the beach and other attractions. The only cons were the air conditioner was loud and the internet was slow. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I spent 3 nights here with my family of 5 and had a wonderful stay! I certainly got my money's worth!! The hotel was across the street from the beach, pool was never crowded, room was clean and well equipped, the bar had great drinks, service and specials!! Also, the staff was friendly and accommodating, no matter the hour or what I needed they were quick to respond. I have been visiting VA beach for 3 years now and by far my stay here was the best experience I had. Oh and my room view was of the pool so I was able to relax and still see the wife and kids as they enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed August 2013
Harrogate, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

For a girls weekend we chose this hotel due to being a choice privilege member. Overall it was a really nice stay. It did not start out so well as it seemed that the parking was somewhat difficult. Then upon checking in we got to experience the very unprofessional desk clerk Clorice or Clorissa, whichever it may be. She acted like all the guests were just her buddies. She was very upset for a food delivery guy bringing her food to her but forgetting her drink. She made a big scene about it. Honestly, I could care less about her lunch. Check me in and lets go..deal with it after we leave. Once checked in the room was very nice. It is not ocean front and if there is an ocean view it is LIMITED. The rooms are huge but the bathrooms are so small and the lighting in the room overall was minimal. But the room was clean, the rest of the staff was very pleasant. The pool we did not use but it looked nice however it was rather small. There is a bar by the pool which would be easy to use even though we did not. Oh and watch out for teenagers thinking it would be cool to jump off the second floor balcony into the pool, yeah we got to witness that one! Upon checking out, breakfast was good. It is rather cramped in the breakfast room on weekends so you may have to take your food out but its free so its worth it :) And when turning the keys in Justin, whom i believe is the manager was very pleasant. So overall I would stay here again, just was not completely satisfied.

Room Tip: You may want to request a room with an "ocean view" even though its not really. Its just f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Skyline
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We were very disappointed when we arrived and the motel we booked through Choice Hotels was not directly on the beach like we requested. We quickly changed our mood when we realized this was a great motel at a fantastic price for location. It is conveniently located to restaurants, shops and the beach is easily accessed across the street. There is no view of beach from our 3rd floor room so if you want that request top floor or pay extra to stay at another motel. The Clarion was extra clean and the staff was extra friendly. We stayed Mon. Thru Thursday with no problems with elevator or pool being crowded. Breakfast area was very crowded but always stocked. It is best to go very early. Bathroom was very small but manageable. Room was spacious, clean, and beds were wonderful! We absolutely will stay here again. Tip: do not stay in 104 or 108, these rooms are to close to breakfast area and the doors are very loud!

• Stayed July 2013
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very large room and clean. Worked out well for my family of four. Location is great and walk to beach is across the street one block. Mini fridge in room was nice. Breakfast was ok. The only problem we had was with the pool area and tiki bar. We ordered 3 sandwiches and waited for 30 minutes only to be told they had been sitting back there waiting to be served. Then, they tried to serve the same food to us and, to compound the issue, had the order wrong. After much discussion, they politely refunded the money and we went elsewhere for lunch. The next day was cloudy and windy so we opted to skip the beach and go to the pool at 2pm and have a beverage while the kids swam. Unfortunately, the tiki bar , with advertised happy hour 1-6, was closed but we were told the girl running the bar would be back at 6.? We again went elsewhere for a beverage and munchies. Overall, nice room and clean but service lacked in some areas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and I arrived on a Sunday for our 4pm check-in; however our rooms weren't ready until 6pm. We had to come back to the front desk 3 times before we could finally check-in. Every time there were a ton of people waiting in line and their rooms weren't ready either. The girl at the counter, Kristen, was very patient and was trying her best. A lot of the people were very rude to her, but this wasn't her fault. There was no manager on staff to help with the situation. I don't know why you would only have one person working at the check-in time. We were told that they had more than usual check out that day and it caused them to be late getting the rooms cleaned. The rooms were a nice size, but the bathroom was extremely small and no counter space. Also, the breakfast area was a disappointment too. The first morning there were no plates and you had to use bowls for everything and they ran out of food. The lady said that they had such a busy weekend and that the truck was late. I don't understand why during peak season why you wouldn't be prepared for max capacity crowds. My family traveled with my sister and her family and we were all disappointed. We would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!