“Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2604 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #49 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very impressed with this hotel. My boyfriend and I took a day trip to VA Beach on May 22nd and decided we didn't want to make the drive home until the morning. This hotel was the most economical, and in a great location very close to the beach. Another plus was the fact that it was the only hotel we looked at with an outdoor pool. The room was very spacious with comfortable beds (I am puzzled as to why a room with 2 beds was cheaper than a room with 1 though). The staff was friendly.
When my boyfriend and I got home we realized we forgot a shopping bag in the room... we called up the hotel and told them, and they called us back within 5 minutes to tell us that they had found the bag and will ship it to us using the credit card they have on file. It was a huge relief that we will have our souvenirs and didn't just throw money away.

I do have one complaint though... It was pretty obvious that the coffee mugs did not get changed/washed in our room. One of them still had some liquid in it, with lip marks around the rim. Perhaps since the mug was in the tray with the coffee pot the maid thought it hadn't been used? I'm not sure. The other mug looked fine, but I skipped my morning coffee just in case.

Coffee mug aside, I would gladly return to this hotel for future beach trips

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Stayed here for one night with some friends and the rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was all very friendly; Justin, the manager who checked us in, was very helpful and engaging. Would definitely stay here again.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was the most economical hotel for Mother's Day weekend. We were skeptical, but after reading the reviews, we booked the whole weekend. We were very pleased! The staff was excellent, the room was very spacious! Everything was spotless and updated. We didn't have an oceanview room (none of the pet-friendly rooms do), but we were just fine with walking across the street to an easy access to the beach. We loved having our dog with us, and we were so grateful to find one of the few hotels at VA Beach that allows them.

Breakfast was great and fresh - well stocked even at the last hour and full of people. They had the pool open, which we appreciated. The kids took a dip and had fun even though it was freezing!

We didn't find the bathroom too small at all, even with 5 people. We just took turns like we do at home. The bathtub was larger than most hotels I have been to. One of the kids accidentally locked the safe and they sent someone right up even late at night to unlock it and also bring extra blankets (with a smile!).

The ONLY, tiny minor thing I could ask is to have the keys last until checkout. We had a hard time going down to breakfast and getting back into our room on the last morning. I would highly recommend staying here....we will be back often!

Room Tip: Even the pet-friendly room was spotless and fresh!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My friends and I met for a weekend at the beach and we had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We all arrived at different times and were greeted at the front desk by Justin and truly felt welcomed. He gave us thorough information about the amenities at the hotel and checked us in quickly. Our rooms were Wonderful and very neat and clean upon arrival!!! They are very large with a sitting area, refrigerator, microwave and flat screen TV - very very nice. Most important the beds were so comfortable and you have a choice of down and foam pillows - slept great! They have a really nice breakfast buffet (included in the price of the room!) with everything that you could want for breakfast- waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, pastries, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, & more. And the rates were very good. We will definitely make this our Va Beach Hotel!!!

Room Tip: Great location, central to the best restaurants and activities on the Main Street. Although you are...
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night, with 6 girlfriends in 3 rooms, and it still feels very new and is clean and comfortable. The manager that checked us in was friendly, the beds were clean and comfortable, and I look forward to staying here again!!

Room Tip: Very convenient to boardwalk & restaurants!
Manassas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have looked at several hotels in the area, I cancelled 2 reservations bcus I read such GREAT reviews about this hotel.. The reviews and your online pics are fab!!!I also found it awesome that the GEN MANGER reads and replys to ALL of the posts.. THATS AMAZING! THAT SHOWS A GREAT AMOUNT OF DEDICATION AND CUST SATISFACTION!! Myself and my son are coming 5/24-5/26 to celebrate Memorial Day! I am looking forward to staying at your hotel.. I hoping to get a great view of Atlantic Ave. I know its going to be much excitement!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
This is a first! I have never gotten a review before someone stayed before! Thank you so much! I really brings a smile to my face to see that what we do at the hotel makes a difference and that customers can see how much we really do care and we do this becuase we love it. Make sure you stop and see me while you are here! I am sure you will have a great time.
Colebrook, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel... Very welcoming customer service...

They have their own parking, you don't have to drive somewhere else like other hotels in the area...

Safe and secure parking and area...nice pool and access to the beach for morning walk...

Very nice and spacious room with flat screen tv, microwave and fridge...

Also couch and plenty of working space...

Wifi Internet is very slow and signal was very weak in my room :-(

Also restroom could be bigger... Very small especially for more then one person...

Very decent breakfast...

• Stayed April 2013
I enjoyed reading your review. I am happy you had such a great stay! Thank you for letting me know about the wireless. We just upgraded our bandwith a few months ago but upon checking with our Internet Service Provider after reading your review we did have 2 access points that were unplugged. I think that may have been the culprit. Thanks for the pictures too!

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!