“Very nice..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2604 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #44 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Brookston
“Very nice..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is clean, comfortable and accommodating. Stayed here on business for 3 weeks and the front desk staff are all really nice. During off season rates are very reasonable and you basically have the hotel to yourself, until the week-ends, which it appears to be booked full. Beds are extremely comfortable and rooms are very spacious. They had a problem with the hot water during my stay, but was on it immediately and let the guests know, by putting letters under our doors. Housekkeeping was more than accommodating, as I worked nights and had a "Do not Disturb", on my door the entire time. The housekeeping would see me in hall later on in the day and always ask if I needed anything or if they could come and clean. Didn't ever bother me with the usual 8:00 housekeeping knock, which was greatly appreciated. I sincerely appreciated the manager making sure my visit was undisturbed by not making me move from room to room, as I kept extending my stay. Again, a great place to stay, only wish it would have been warmer..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you very much for chosing to stay at our hotel during your extended business trip. We always appreciate when we can provide a comfortable and accommodating home away from home for business travelers. I apologize for the brief hot water issue that you experienced during your time at the hotel. I am happy that we were promptly able to correct the issue. Please be sure to stop in and see us again once the weather warms up.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Plymouth, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to Virginia Beach for the weekend and after reading the reviews decided to stay at the Clarion. We got there at 1:00 and were told that the room wouldn't be ready until 4, so we walked the boardwalk to kill time. The desk clerk was nice enough to give us our parking pass ahead of time so we could leave the car at the hotel. We were in the room at 4 as promised. The motel does have good security features and it is in a good location. All we had to do was walk across the street to get to the boardwalk. It is also within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I agree with one reviewer that the bathroom was really small compared to the large size of the room but that wasn't a problem for us. We had originally planned to spend two nights but quite frankly were not impressed with the beach area there, so we checked out after one night and headed north. This was NOT because of the motel at all...after being used to going to the NC beaches where you can actually find some large open spaces between hotels, this just seemed like a wall of hotels all the way down. Also there was some kind of pipe laid out on the beach and there was another area that looked like there was some excavating going on. Granted, this is not the summer season but we found the beach itself to be unappealing. Nice boardwalk but not much to see. If you are headed to Virginia Beach, I would recommend the Clarion..it is nice and reasonably priced. (We didn't eat the breakfast there so I can't comment on that).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to offer our hotel feedback about your stay with us. As a new hotel we pride ourselves in providing top-of-the-line security features for all of our guests. We are happy that you found our convenient location across the street from the beach and the boardwalk to you liking. I apologize for the condition of the beach when you came into town. Due to recent storms that hit the area from the previous season, the city sometimes must resort to offshore dredging to replace the sand on the beach for summer. We look forward to your next stay with Clarion Inn & Suites.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very nice hotel with breakfast included. Very clean and well maintained. All doors are locked and opened with electronic key card, which is a nice security feature. A available parking on site. It's a block from ocean, but we could sea the ocean from our room. Our room had a refrigerator , microwave, coffee maker and a nice folate screen tv. The bathroom was a little small but had no effect on us. The room was very spacious with two queen size beds. There was no balcony, but had a very large double paned window. Breakfast had a nice variety with two flat screen TVs.

Room Tip: If you can get ocean view. The only downside of ocean view is the breakfast area is on the other sid...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for chosing to stay at our hotel. We are happy that you found all of the accomodations in the room as well as in our breakfast area to your liking. We look forward to you making a return trip in the future.
Va Bch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night..New Years Eve. We booked 2 rooms, and were pleasantly surprised that they gave us adjoining rooms. The rooms are very spacious. There is a wall separating the couch area and the sleeping area. The beds are really comfortable, and the pillows are nice too! The room was very clean as well. The bathroom is small, but worked well. We are locals and stay at the beach often. We'll put this one on our list of favorites. Just a side note -- this hotel is not on the boardwalk, so you don't get the oceanview.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel - we always appreciate a local's feedback. We are very happy that you chose to stay with us for the New Year's holiday. Our property takes great pride in providing excellent accomodations for our guests and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Portales, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My stay here was great! The only complaint I have is that I checked in at midnight after driving for 10 hours, and it took 15 minutes at least for the desk clerk to get me checked in. Apparently he needed to call an office to get some kind of authorization, which was fine by me. But the entire time I stood there waiting I was given no explanation until I asked what was going on. Once I finally got to my room, everything was amazing. The beach is literally directly across the street and hotel security was able to give me some tips on where to go while I waited to be checked in.
The room was great, everything clean and new and stylish. The pet fee is quite high at $60 but I can understand considering the upholstery and furniture is new.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback about our property. I do apologize for the excess time it took for our clerk to check you into your room. At the time of your stay our hotel had just recently hired a new clerk to work overnight at the desk. During the winter time at the hotel there are fewer check-ins to practice with and this some times results in new hires moving a tad bit slower during the check-in process. I can assure you that the check-in time has greatly improved since your last stay with us and we look forward to demonstrating this improvement for your next stay.
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Clarion Inn & Suites over Thanksgiving. The price was right and we noticed from other Trip Advisor reviews that the hotel had been recently rennovated. When we checked in, there was a young woman sitting in a office desk chair, wrapped in a blanket, leaning on the counter and talking on the phone. As if that wasn't strange enough, the employee at the front desk acted like nothing was out of the ordinary. Our room was a decent size, but the bathroom was really small. The room was relatively clean, but the bedskirt was half hanging off the bed, like it was made in a hurry. Continental breakfast was fair - a step below your typical fare at a Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn. Location was decent - the hotel is right across the street from the beach and the boardwalk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I know it does get cold at the desk this time of year but I was unaware of the front desk employee and the blanket. Having the two doors does create a rather cold cross breeze in the lobby at times but they should always wear appropriate professional attire. I agree that is very unsightly and I will make sure that is taken care of. Thank you for letting me know.

I am glad you were happy with your accomodations. I agree that the bathrooms are on the small side but our room size is huge being all suites. Any suggestions you have on improving the breakfast would be greatly appreciated. Please call or email me at 757-961-8190 or email jennifer@clarionvabeach.com.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Great! Service staff excellent. Great personal service from GM and her staff. Felt like my every beach going need would be met. Cant wait to come back next year! All suites and free breakfast? Of course i will be back!

• Stayed July 2012
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am glad you had a great stay! See you soon.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!