“Excellent staff and spacious room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2604 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Punta Florida
“Excellent staff and spacious room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We recently spent 5 days at the Clarion in Va. Beach. It has become our favorite place to stay at the beach.. Rates are reasonable, location is good and best of all the staff is hugely accomodating and knowledgeable. Visitors in the room next to ours played very, very loud music, a first for us at this hotel. A call to the desk resulted in a staff visit to the room and much dimished sound and apologies from the front desk, plus checks later to see if we were having any problems. The rooms are well-appointed, with great mattresses and pillows, though baths are small. Linens are all first quality. The pool area is nice and many attractions and good restaurants are within walking distance. Parking is on-site and convenient. Breakfast is more than adequate.

Room Tip: Simply ask for the best room available. Rooms on the east side have the best view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad you had a great stay and we look forward to having you back at our hotel!

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Summerfield, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were right across the street from the hotels that face the beach but it was still a very nice accommodation. The staff was very friendly and there was a lot of security people about. We felt real safe and welcomed. They were great about explaining parking and even had a mirror tag to confirm that you were a hotel guest and would not be towed if you had to park in the adjacent lot which was still very close.

Our room had 2 queen beds and a pull out couch, a small refrigerator, and all amenities we available if you forgot something.

Continental breakfast was satisfactory with eggs, sausage, and gravy biscuits. The ice machine on our floor was not working but there was one on each floor above and below us. Minor inconvenience.

The only thing that would have made it better was a little brighter lighting in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed for ECSC/flag football tournament weekend and we are so glad we did! Being VA Beach residents we were looking for location central to all of that weekend’s festivities without having to drive. We were able to walk to several restaurants, shops, and all of the beach tournaments in a matter of minutes. Upon check in, the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, our large very clean room had modern amenities and décor, and it was very nice to see that the room was already cooled off for us when we walked in. The free breakfast each morning was a nice treat with a great variety to choose from. This newly renovated hotel exceeded my husband’s and mine expectations and we will stay there again for any future oceanfront needs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked Clarion Inn months before the Neptune Festival. For once I was proud that I had planned ahead and I was all ready for the trip. When I arrived to check in, the friendly front desk rep told me she didn't have any reservation in the system for me. Slightly panicking I went back to our vehicle to pull up my electronic confirmation on my email. That's when I realized I made the reservation for the wrong night. The day I thought was our check- in day was actually our check out day. I went back to the front desk and the rep confirmed she has us in the system as a " no show" for the previous night. Oops! I certainly did not have the funds to pay for the night we missed plus another night. The manager came I to save the day. She worked very hard to get us a room for that night and was nice enough not to charge us for the "no show" night. I was so thankful. she was accommodating and did so very quickly. Within minutes of the possible disaster, we were happily on our way to locate our room. Our room was spacious and clean and had a nice flat screen tv. We were thrilled to get have a view of the ocean as well. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The location was also very nice. We had no trouble at all finding a parking place and it was conveniently located near many of the activities of the Neptune Festival. They also had a very nice hot complimentary breakfast that was so popular we decided to skip it and beat the crowds home. Would we stay there again? Absolutely. We could have had to pay for two nights, but the manager went out of her way to help us out. That service will make us repeat visitors to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Youngstown, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We did not ask for a handy cap room - but we got one.
I feel that we should be informed ahead of time that it is a handy cap room.
the room was clean the bed was fine but the bath room was a bummer.
only a sink - and a tub - no where at to put your bathroom articles - (tooth paste etc)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed on a Friday and Saturday recently. The room we were assigned adjoined with my folks room - this could be good and bad! I was worried about the noise of their TV, snoring, constant opening of the adjoining door, etc. I had nothing to worry about! The rooms are sound-proofed, the adjoining room door was a nice feature that we could open when we wanted, and the room itself was very nice. Two queen beds, 4 pillows per bed, and a working AC unit. My folks room wasn't as updated as ours (their AC system and closet doors were older than ours and their AC system sounded like it was going to give out any minute).
They offer a hot buffet breakfast - make your own waffles (kinda of fun once you figured it out), good sausage, ok scrambled eggs (instant?), breads, potatoes, juices, and excellent coffee. Parking was fine and location was really nice. We could see the ocean from our room. I think we paid $89 each night, had free wifi and breakfast - what a great value!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I am glad you had a great stay! We take pride in our hotel and I am so happy to hear you had such a relaxing time here. When we renovated the hotel we did keep a couple of the exsisting AC units which we are replacing during the winter this year. Thank you for letting us know about the noise with that unit. We have since replaced it with a new one so we should not encounter that problem again. We look forward to your next visit with us. See you soon!
High Point
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed there the week of the Oceana airshow. It was my first time back since my days in the Navy and the staff made me and my family feel very welcome. The staff was very nice and anything we needed they were there for us. The room was great and had no problems there as well. For me though the staff is where this hotel shines. Great location. Also the breakfast bar was very very good. It wasn't just cereal and coffee. They had waffles, eggs, hasbrowns, fuit, sausage and more. Very good breakfast bar. If I ever go back in the near future, I will definitely stay there again. The manager even gave my kids some tickets to the local carnival. Very nice! Pool was clean but cool but hey it's Virginia Beach in late September what would you expect. Rooms were clean. Good stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I received your voicemail as well. We really enjoyed having your family stay with us. I hope you, your wife, and kids had a great vacation. We hope to see your family back again soon!

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!