“Mini vacation with my sister” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2604 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #51 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New-Brunswick, Canada
“Mini vacation with my sister”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My sister and I stayed at this property on August 13-15. We were very pleasantly surprised with the hotel itself. The room had two queen size beds and a sitting area with a table. It was clean and well laid out. We felt very comfortable and safe at the location and the service was excellent. The hot buffet buffet was very good. They serve eggs, sausage, corn bread, bagels toast, home fries and pastries. They also have a section for cereal hot and cold and a waffle maker. What more could you ask for? When we arrived Justin checked us in and he was very nice. We also got to know Duane who we quickly became friends with as he knew us as the Canadian girls. The location of the hotel is very convenient to the beach. Just walk across the street. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
JenniferMeads, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
I'm very pleased to read your hotel review and see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great that you were able to get some time away and I thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Clarion.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

First off they charge me for using the safe both days I was there even tho it was never used and than after I paid my bill and made it all the way home I had a $25 misc charge for a missing pillow. Really! Who steals a pillow! A married mom with two kids is not gonna still a pillow. So I figure there making really good money charging people all these extra charges and hidden fees cause they can. Also when we first checked in the water was not working so no shower and you couldn't even flush the toilet. There is not even enough parking the elevator is so slow and the rooms smell horrible. Will never stay here again or recommend it to any of our friends who visit Virginia Beach all the time!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed around the same time last year and had an enjoyable stay so we booked the same accommodations for this stay. I was disappointed in the cleanliness of the room. A dirty towel and used soap remained in the bathroom upon our arrival. I requested to have one of our beds changed. It was an 8+ hour pass the buck adventure ending with no clean bedding in the entire hotel and me laundering the sheets and making the bed at 1am. Some improvements include the poolside bar with very limited hours and the free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012
WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The room was larger than we expected. We had a queen with a sofa/sitting area. View of the parking lot, but who cares. Room was clean, beds were very comfy, carpet looked new. Maid service was fine. I thought hotel may have been located too far down as it was on 26th, but it was a great location. Most of the action seems to be 17-26th. They have a bar that I believe is new that was a small pleasant place. the pool is on the small side but adequate. There were always a few open tables/chairs so I don't think people are spending much time at the pool anyway. I would stay again. The only comment I have is that there was plenty of space in the room, yet only two drawers to put your clothes in. Another dresser would have been nice. No complaints at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Powhatan, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

This is by far the worst hotel I've seen for customer service. No check on until 4pm, then at 4the pm it takes 35 to minutes to check in. 1 person at the desk for 10 minutes then 1 more person comes down. That really did not help eith 25 people in line. The room is non-smoking, but reaks of smoke. I stayed in room 604 on August 5th. I will never stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2012
JenniferMeads, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
It is with great dissappointment that we read your recent summary of your stay at the Clarion Inn & Suites. As you can see from other guest comments, this is not our standard level of service. Unfortunately in resort locations most customers do not check out until right at check out time to enjoy the most beach time possible so this does give us a limited time to turn the hotel and get it ready for people by 4:00pm. We make every effort to get people checked in early however because 4:00pm is our check in time it is usually our busiest.

We greatly value our customers and appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of this situation. We regret your recent experience and management has already taken corrective action with the front desk to insure this does not occur in the future. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. I will be happy to personally assist you!
Prince George, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I'm always nervous about making reservations online, but was thrilled when we checked into this hotel. It is not oceanfront but it is across the street from the beach. It is the nicest place we have stayed in years. The staff went out of their way to address us by name, the hotel was very clean, the beds were soft and wonderful with a choice of pillows. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: You could ask for a room facing Atlantic Avenue and you might have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our 2 days stop by visit after DC. We arrived at 3 pm and check in
was quick, and found the rooms as seen on the pictures. Staff was great, justin at front desk was very courteous and helpful. The pricing $ 178 was a bit over priced, but it is SUMMER. the location is great, the beach is just across the street. Free breakfast and free parking is a plus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!