“So disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Oceanfront Inn

You added The Oceanfront Inn to your Saves list
The Oceanfront Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #38 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia
“So disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

We chose the Oceanfront Inn on a recommendation. It was described a nice, family-run oceanfront hotel. What we got was a disaster. First, our room smelled of some sort of odor neutralizer that we never got used to. It hit us as soon as we got off the elevator, each and every time during our four-day stay. The smell alone is enough for me to not recommend this hotel to anyone.

As far as our room, the decor was pretty bare bones, and the bathroom was dated and grungy, with a really low tile ceiling. The bath towels were too small and not the least bit comfortable.
Oh, and the bathroom door was made of metal, and the beige paint was peeling off it in small sheets.

Next, there's no laundry for guests. It's my fault for not asking before I booked, I suppose, but I expect any hotel on the beach to offer coin-operated laundry facilities fo its guests. Instead, the front desk referred us to a laundromat down the street. Great way to spend a vacation! I find it hard to believe that an oceanfront hotel expects guests to haul sandy beach towels to the laudromat down the street..

The indoor pool was fine...just a basic rectangle, and our kids liked it at the end of a day at the beach. No spa or bells and whistles. An outdoor pool would be nice.

The only redeeming features about this hotel are the price and the amazing oceanfront access and views. I suppose that's enough for most people, but I like a lot more amenities on my vacation. I was so jealous of the people staying next door at the Hilton! More expensive, but you get so much more! A no-frills beach vacation is not for me!

• Liked — The oceanfront rooms, ocean view and beach access
  • Disliked — Rooms were terrible. No coin-laundrgy for guests.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)

Been to The Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Oceanfront Inn

Address: 2901 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Location: United States > Virginia > Virginia Beach > Northeast Virginia Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#23 On the Beach Hotel in Virginia Beach
#26 Family Hotel in Virginia Beach
Hotel Class:2.5 star — The Oceanfront Inn 2.5*
In the heart of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront resort area, within 1.5 miles from the Virginia Beach Convention Center and 12.5 miles away from the local airport, The Oceanfront Inn is an ideal location for business and vacationing travelers. Right on the beach, The Oceanfront Inn offers you the ideal location to relax and enjoy all Virginia Beach offers, from nearby free seasonal events and concerts to delicious dining outlets and unique shops and attractions. Completed 2011 renovations include updated lobby, enhanced WiFi, expanded cable and updated guestrooms feature new wallpaper, new bedspreads and flat-screen televisions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Hotwire so you can book your The Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
Oceanfront Inn Virginia Beach

If you own or manage The Oceanfront Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.