“Happy Travelers” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Austin, Texas
“Happy Travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We came down from Buffalo NY for a friends wedding and the hotel staff was so friendly and courteous. Breakfast was so delicious and plentiful. The location is so perfect as this hotel is located at the beach midway on the boardwalk in walking distance to great bars and restaurans. Our friends wedding was so wonderful. They had a beautiful beachfront ceremony that was breathtaking and reception party was simply amazing. Food music, and
ambience could not have been better. Our hotel room was nice and modern. Very special thanks to all of these wonderful folks at this hotel.We will definitely plan on visiting for a family trip next summer.

• Stayed August 2014
Jason C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. And you are absolutely correct, the wedding went off without a hitch. The weather was perfect, the reception was beautiful and the guests were awesome. It was our pleasure having you stay with us and look forward to having you back the next time you are in Virginia Beach.

Jason C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Killingworth, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had the pleasure of meeting Patrick, at the front desk when I stopped in to try and book a room because I was traveling with my son and we needed somewhere to stay. This hotel had no vacancies, but I must thank Patrick for going out of his way to help us and use his networking skills to help find a room elsewhere. Patrick was extremely busy answering multiple phone calls and serving guests. He could have easily sent me away, and I am grateful that he was able to find me a room elsewhere. I highly recommend Patrick's exemplary customer service skills.

Room Tip: See Patrick!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I was so happy to hear about the experience you had at The Best Western Sandcastle Hotel in Virginia Beach. It sounds like our staff did an excellent job taking care of you and that makes me very happy. We really try hard to provide each guest with service to remember and it sounds like we did just that. The next time you are in town please come and pay us another visit, we would be delighted to serve you again.

Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Always a pleasure staying there. Staff is friendly polite and attentive to your needs. Great breakfast included in the price. Beautiful rooms excellently kept. Beautiful lounge area with pretty fishtank

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the compliments, we truly appreciate it and value your business. The hotel is very pretty with gorgeous views of the Atlantic Ocean. We are actually upgrading the fish tank in addition to moving it in the fall to the center of the lobby so that guests can see it better. We hope that you will come back soon for a visit and some rest and relaxation. Have a fantastic day and we hope to see you soon.

GM
Culpeper, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My family and I were very satisfied with our recent stay. The whole facility was very clean. The staff was very friendly and courteous. I'd made special requests about our room that were taken care of. Really loved the remodeling. We'll definitely be back to stay with you.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jason C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are all so very pleased that you had a wonderful time. It's so nice knowing that so many people enjoy the service that we try so very hard to provide. Please let me know next time you make plans to come back to the beach so that I may personally assist you with your reservations.

Best,

Best Western Sandcastle
Greenville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The stay was great, very helpful staff, clean hotel, the offer of WIFI is greatly appreciated love the FULL breakfast bar the hotel has arranged . We've been staying at this Hotel for over 15yrs, and have seen many changes thru-out our stays. We've tried other Hotels in the past but nothing even comes close to what Sandcastle has to offer. Only issue was Ice Maker on 5th floor was broken so had to go to 2nd floor to get ice

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We were so happy to find your great review on Trip Advisor this week, it's so nice reading such wonderful reviews. We hope that you will be returning next year for another trip to the beach. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly so that I may assist with your reservations.

Yours in Hospitality,

West Chester, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The ocean view was amazing, the service very friendly. The food was hot and plentiful. the employees are friendly and caring. The hotel is at a good location to beach front as well within walking distances of shops and food shops. The staff at best Western are great especially Tamara, Aliva, Betty who made our stay a pleasant one. Until next year when we return again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and that makes me and my entire staff really happy. We hope that you will return soon so that we may have another opportunity to serve you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the experience you had with us and please don't hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are ready to make reservations.

Best,

GM
Pennsilvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The staff at this hotel is great. Every single staff member that I encountered during my 4 day stay were nice, polite, attentive, and committed to serve the guests. Housekeeping did a great job keeping my room clean. Front desk always courteous. Other staff happy to answer my questions. I am extremely satisfied with the service I received.

Rooms were clean, nice balcony overlooking the ocean and pier. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave. Close to restaurants. Nice coffee machine and juice dispenser in lobby. 2 tvs in lobby. Parking is a bit tight by manageable.
Used fitness center twice, machines will probably need to be replaced soon. 2 tvs in fitness center. I would suggest putting wipes for guests to clean machine after use them.

The hotel provides breakfast vouchers for Pier 14 restaurant. They have a buffet style breakfast. You can get only get 1 glass of juice (apple, orange) per person.
During my first breakfast, they offered potatoes that were not fully cooked (85% of potatoes in my plate were not cooked). I brought it to waiter's attention. Potatoes were taken away and after some minutes they came back. This time, probably 25% were not cooked. After that, problem was fixed and for next breakfasts no more uncooked potatoes.
Choices: toast, oatmeal, sausage, pancakes, potatoes, gravy, waffles, nasty looking eggs, oranges, watermelon, grapes. No yogurt.

I shall return

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jason C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us at The Best Western Sandcastle Hotel in Virginia Beach, VA. We truly appreciate and value your business. It sounds like you had a great time with us and look forward to having you back very soon. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly so that I may assist you with your reservations.

Best Western Sandcastle

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel? Share your experiences!