“Nice Week-end getaway” 4 of 5 stars

1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #17 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Nice Week-end getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the BW Sandcastle! We went for my husbands birthday and the experience lived up to my expectations. The hotel was nicely redecorated and the view of the beach was wonderful. We requested a corner high floor, and received it.
The hotel staff was especially friendly and accommodating. Tamara was getting off when we checked in, but she saw others were busy and took the time to be sure we were settled. She then proceeded to flash a friendly smile each time I passed by the lobby. Natasha, our house cleaner did a wonderful job keeping our room tidy and was also very friendly and accommodating.
I have nothing but good to say of the staff, as they were all very friendly and seemed to care that I was having a good experience.
The only negative is not a reflection of the hotel itself, but of the attached restaurant that provides breakfast. It was ok for free, but I would not want to pay for it. Also, you should skip them for dinner as well. The buffet has much to be desired, and I'm sorry we wasted one of our dinner nights eating there!

Room Tip: The higher floors are a bit much if you have issues with height.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
What a wonderful review....Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts about your stay with us. Tamara is certainly an asset to our company and it's employees such as her that make my job a whole lot easier. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I do apologize for the less than spectacular experience you had in the restaurant. I will share your thoughts with my ownership team so that we may address these issues. Please don't hesitate to call me when you are ready to make your next reservations.

Best,

Best Western Sandcastle VB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Litchfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Overall good experience. hotel is near the fishing pier. pool was good. room was clean, frig is good. my safe was locked when I got there and guy showed up in under a minute and opened it for me!. room might be considered a little small, but the 2 queen beds were of adequate size and comfort. all was clean and Air conditioner worked well. Awesome beach view, private but small balcony seats 3 people. breakfast has real scrambled eggs. coffee is good.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I just finished reading your review and all I can say is thank you for your kind words. We try so very hard to provide each guest with a vacation they can tell stories about. I hope that your travel plans bring you back to Virginia Beach so that we may have another opportunity to serve you. Have a great weekend.

Jason Christie
Laramie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great hotel right on the beach! Excellent breakfast (best we have had at any hotel). Very nice rooms. Staff is super friendly and very helpful. Very Clean! Only downside was the pool - it was not very nice and no hot tub. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jason C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
It's always so nice to receive such wonderful reviews about our hotel. Thank you for the compliments regarding our breakfast, it's one of the best at the beach. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly when you are ready to book your next stay with us so that I may assist you personally.

Best Western Sandcastle VB
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Best Western Plus for a week on vacation and it was a very pleasant and comfortable stay! Requested a high floor and the request was granted as well as away from elevator. The room was renovated and had a very nice atmosphere. Wifi worked well for me to complete my online summer course just had to sign in just about every time I wanted to access the internet. Bathroom was fine, a PLUS was the 2 complimentary soap dispensers in the tub (free shampoo and liquid soap). Balcony was beautiful overlooking the ocean, beach and boardwalk also the Pier! Saw dolphins 2 out of our 6 night stay. There were a couple of days in the morning where you hear the jets flying overhead since the air force base is not too far. But it depends on which runway they use whether you'll hear them or not. The hotel does have a parking garage but beware of very tight spaces.

The location is really great if you have a family and want to be away from the nightlife on Atlantic Avenue (the strip directly behind the hotel, its also the unofficial boardwalk where shops are). The boardwalk itself was very clean, safe and quiet!

All in all this place was great for the price!! And Virginia Beach is one of the BEST beaches I have ever been to (not like those Jersey beaches where hotels don't face the beach)!

Room Tip: Any room should be great, they all face the ocean, just don't get this hotel confused with Best...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review about the experience you had while staying with us at The Best Western Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel in Virginia Beach, VA. It is our goal to provide each and every guest with superior customer service! We love what we do and we are excited that you had a blast while at the beach. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time your travel plans bring you our way again. I would be honored to assist you with your reservations.

Best Western Sandcastle.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The front desk staff lack experience. We got to the hotel around 13:30 to check if our room was ready we were told to check back later when we came back people came after us were given the keys to their rooms so i asked the lady in the front desk again of our room is ready again she said to wait another 20 minutes. Our room smelled like mold took much noise around the hotel don't expect to get some sleep if you a light sleeper. The breakfast is very limited not many choices and you there was a long line to get a table for breakfast some had to wait 30 minutes to get table. I will not go back to this hotel again not worth the $230 night that I paid for.

Room Tip: I will recommend people to go to the north side of VA beach
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jason C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 757-428-2828.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed the last week of July and had a really good time.
The hotel was very clean, which I am very particular about.
The cleaning staff were very nice and friendly.
We were pleasantly surprised with the free breakfast - plenty to eat - enough to hold us over until dinner without having to leave the beach to eat lunch !! Loved that !
Great location. We stayed on the 9th floor. Great view.
My only complaint would be the water pressure. It was horrible.
My friends were on the 4th floor, however, and they said the water pressure was great ??!!

Room Tip: 9th floor - great view - bad water pressure
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I am so very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Best Western Sandcastle in Virginia Beach. The breakfast is pretty awesome and it will certainly fill you up. Thank you for your comments about the water pressure. I will be addressing this situation with my engineering team to see what we can do to increase the pressure. I hope you'll come back again soon to stay with us again.

Best,

Best Western Sandcastle
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Enjoyable stay. Very friendly, helpful staff and clean rooms. Portia and Patrick we great in assisting us at the last minute. They deserve a raise for going over and above the call of duty. :-) The only downfall is the breakfast buffet, it was never adequately stocked and didn't seem to have enough staff to accommodate the amount of guests in mid July!

The Norris Family

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. Patrick and Portia are two of my super-stars and I am glad that they were able to assist you. We hope that you can return for a visit very soon. If I can be of assistance regarding future reservations, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 757-428-2828.

Jason C.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel? Share your experiences!