Our stay was great, but the biggest bummer was the small beds & bathroom. We could have paid an extra $50/night for a bigger bed - in a bigger room, but we were already at our budget as it was. So we had 2 double beds, hardly big enough for a couple to sleep comfortably. (& we're not big; we actually slept in separate beds a couple nights) The bathroom door didn't open all the way because the towel rack was behind it, making it a little cramped in the bathroom. We had a room on the south end, giving us a half oceanview. The other half looked at the hotel next door. We were on the 3rd floor. I think it was a little noisy at times. A couple mornings we awoke to beeping (truck backing up) right outside. The breakfast buffet (included) was good, or at least until our 5th (& last) morning...just because it was the same thing every day. It would have been nice to at least have a rotating selection of fresh fruits. It was just cantaloupe or orange slices. If you don't go before 9am, it's REALLY crowded & quality of service goes down. Mainly because there aren't enough staff then to really take care of the full restaurant. And then it's hit & miss on what's out, but they were pretty good about refilling things. The naval base is close, so the jets are constantly going, all. day. long. But you hear them everywhere you are in VB, so that isn't specific to this hotel. The fair with rides is right across the street (but we didn't go). There are lots places to eat & shop within walking distance, but you can also get a bus pass (hop on/hop off) for $2/day that goes up & down Atlantic Ave. The hotel's location is a great one on the boardwalk. Pretty central. There's also a shop right in the hotel where you can buy/rent. We used it a bit for things to use on the beach, including renting a bike. Parking was easy (& included). Our maid was very nice & we had no problems at all with any staff. I would stay here again, but probably when I could invest in the extra money for a room with a bigger bed. For mexican food, I highly recommend Baja Cantina!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel located directly on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk. Our guest will enjoy world class service, easy access to the beach, and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel offers several types of accommodations to choose from. We offer you amazing views from 146 rooms with private balconies, two queen beds, or one king bed. All of our rooms offer you microwave and refrigerator, while our suites will provide you with a kitchenette. No matter how you must stay connected we offer free local calls, long distance access, and wireless high speed internet access. In addition, we have an on-site fitness center that overlooks the beach, on site laundry facilities, and complimentary business center. We are happy to provide you with conference rooms and meeting space for up to 150 people is perfect for your personal or professional functions. The Virginia Beach oceanfront is host to some of the best festivals and events you will find on the east coast such as; American Music Festival, Patriotic Festival, East Coast Surfing Championship, Neptune Festival, North American Sand Soccer Championship and the Boardwalk Art Show. Other nearby attractions includes Naval Air Station Oceana, Fort Story, Damn Neck Naval Base, Cape Henry Light House, Virginia Aquarium and Marine Museum, Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, and Ruddee Inlet.After spending the day enjoying Virginia Beach or working come back and enjoy the comfortable and spacious lobby or enjoy a great dinner at Pier 14. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Sandcastle Resort Va Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Hotel