We booked this room several months ago through Travelocity using points and money. We requested, regretfully in hindsight, an "oceanview" room. We ended up on the third floor, room 321, overlooking a condo parking lot, though we could see the ocean, everybody in the condo could see straight into our room. Inquired at check in about the availability of an oceanfront room and our cheerful desk attendant said she had several available...for an additional $145 a night. On top of the almost $200 per night we had already paid we not so cheerfully declined. As we stayed mid-week, many of those rooms appeared vacant throughout our stay. Room was a little larger than you standard stateroom on cruise ship. 2 double beds we decent enough to sleep on, but the rest of the time advanced planning was necessary to move 2 adults around the room.
Room had a digital safe, 32' LG flat screen with an average picture and pretty good selection of channels. Our fridge seemed to keep our drinks pretty cool and the A/C kicked butt. Elevators seemed very slow so we walked up the steps. The remodel of the hotel was recent and average. Housekeeping was efficient and parking was plentiful. In summation, not a lot of room for a decent sum of cash. Summer at the beach and you do get what you pay for, just barely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel located directly on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk. Our guest will enjoy world class service, easy access to the beach, and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel offers several types of accommodations to choose from. We offer you amazing views from 146 rooms with private balconies, two queen beds, or one king bed. All of our rooms offer you microwave and refrigerator, while our suites will provide you with a kitchenette. No matter how you must stay connected we offer free local calls, long distance access, and wireless high speed internet access. In addition, we have an on-site fitness center that overlooks the beach, on site laundry facilities, and complimentary business center. We are happy to provide you with conference rooms and meeting space for up to 150 people is perfect for your personal or professional functions. The Virginia Beach oceanfront is host to some of the best festivals and events you will find on the east coast such as; American Music Festival, Patriotic Festival, East Coast Surfing Championship, Neptune Festival, North American Sand Soccer Championship and the Boardwalk Art Show. Other nearby attractions includes Naval Air Station Oceana, Fort Story, Damn Neck Naval Base, Cape Henry Light House, Virginia Aquarium and Marine Museum, Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, and Ruddee Inlet.After spending the day enjoying Virginia Beach or working come back and enjoy the comfortable and spacious lobby or enjoy a great dinner at Pier 14. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Sandcastle Resort Va Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Hotel