This was our first time to Virginia Beach. Our stay was from 9/18/12 - 9/20/12. The staff here was wonderful. I was traveling with my mother and shortly before arriving in VA Beach, she had fallen and was barely able to walk. When we arrived at the hotel I inquired about a wheelchair to get her in the hotel and up to our room. The hotel quickly brought out a wheelchair and told us that we could keep it for the duration of our trip. That wheelchair was a life saver! Even with the wheelchair her activities were very limited, but it enabled her to go down to breakfast and go outside on the boardwalk and the pier.
The hotel is undergoing renovation. The lobby has been renovated and decor is very modern. There is a free coffee and juice bar. Our room was on the 6th floor and there was some construction noise on the floor below us, but the noise stopped at 5:00 pm which I assume was quitting time. The room was beautiful with two queen beds, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, hairdryer, flat screen tv, wifi, safe and a balcony facing the ocean. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and I loved the bright colors and decor. When the hotel is completely renovated it will be really beautiful. We did not use the pool, or the workout room, but they both looked great. The workout room had a view of the ocean.
The breakfast buffet was great. Many different options to choose from. No one will leave hungry that's for sure. The main restaurant had not been remodeled yet, so the decor was a little dated. We ate at the Greek restaurant downstairs and had gyros, which were really good.
If I ever make it back to Virginia Beach, I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel located directly on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk. Our guest will enjoy world class service, easy access to the beach, and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel offers several types of accommodations to choose from. We offer you amazing views from 146 rooms with private balconies, two queen beds, or one king bed. All of our rooms offer you microwave and refrigerator, while our suites will provide you with a kitchenette. No matter how you must stay connected we offer free local calls, long distance access, and wireless high speed internet access. In addition, we have an on-site fitness center that overlooks the beach, on site laundry facilities, and complimentary business center. We are happy to provide you with conference rooms and meeting space for up to 150 people is perfect for your personal or professional functions. The Virginia Beach oceanfront is host to some of the best festivals and events you will find on the east coast such as; American Music Festival, Patriotic Festival, East Coast Surfing Championship, Neptune Festival, North American Sand Soccer Championship and the Boardwalk Art Show. Other nearby attractions includes Naval Air Station Oceana, Fort Story, Damn Neck Naval Base, Cape Henry Light House, Virginia Aquarium and Marine Museum, Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, and Ruddee Inlet.After spending the day enjoying Virginia Beach or working come back and enjoy the comfortable and spacious lobby or enjoy a great dinner at Pier 14. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Sandcastle Resort Va Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Hotel