“Nothing beats on the beach.” 4 of 5 stars

The Seahawk
26th Street & Oceanfront, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Ranked #71 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Nothing beats on the beach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed 6 nights at the Seahawk, The cleaning staff was very nice and did a good job.. The hotel was clean the beds were comfortable and since every room has a balcony and it's on the beach I had a great view. I stayed on the 5th floor and really didn't have any problems with the "slow" elevator. I parked in the lot across the street and had no problem whatsoever with parking. Also has an indoor pool in case of rain and a hot tub. It is what you make of it, a decent hotel medium priced with a great location. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Awesome view of the beach. This was our first time at Virginia beach and it was good. The beds were a bit small but we got a cot and that made it better for our daughter. The elevator was very slow, but we just used the stairs and got our exercise! The kids enjoyed the pool, we enjoyed the hot tub. Loved the location!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Glassport, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We go to VA Beach every year, we always stay at the Seahawk (Except this year, it was fully booked, Our last stay was May 2012 but that was not an option on the travel date list). It is not a big fancy place but it's clean and the staff is nice and they have had the same cleaning lady, Gloria, since our first stay theret 14 years ago. So I trust that our things are safe when we are not in our room. The only bad thing is the elevator is slow BUT you can use the stairs and since the hotel is not that big, no matter where you're at it's not a long way down.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ashburn, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

As others have said, this isn't a fancy place, but it was clean and right on the beach. They only have one elevator and it is extremely SLOW! And the hallways do not have AC, so if it's a hot day be prepared to sweat your tale off as you wait for the elevator. As mentioned though, you can't beat the price or the location of the place. If your looking for a simple, no frills stay, this is a solid choice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dawlish, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Let me start with the positives:
We were able to get a reservation less than a week prior to traveling (our preferred hotel was booked). The room was immaculate and all rooms had an ocean view with a balcony. The staff was very nice, although couldn't recommend a restaurant when asked. There was a flat screen TV.

The negatives:
The decor was extremely dated and the room needed some attention (for example, toilet paper holder was wobbly). There was a lack of amenities in the room. While there was a microwave and a fridge, there was no coffee maker (you had to go downstairs to a coffee room between 7-10am for coffee), no radio, no clock. The bathtub was a health hazard as there was no non-slip surface. It was like stepping onto a pane of glass and we had to put a towel down to keep from falling. The elevator was the slowest in the western hemisphere.

However, it was modestly priced for the high season and the location (at 25th and Atlantic) was central.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Waynesboro, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

i too used booking.com to reserve my room. my "reciept " from there site quoted me 318.00 for 2 nights...in reality it cost me 379.16 so just beware as others have said that booking does NOT include taxes. the hotel itself...well the hot tub was nice, didn't use the pool, a can of soda is 1.00 in the machine only on the bottom floor, the elevator as others stated is so slow that most folks used the stairs and with the constant breeze off the ocean the suction would SLAM those doors all the time the housekeeping staff were very nice. was also nice having the microwave,fridge and fan.

Room Tip: rooms furthest from stairwells to avoid all the slamming doors, and if you have alot of stuff to tot...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I arrived two hours earlier than my
Mother, who made the reception and left her credit card information. I politely asked about the opportunity to check in early or have her call this rude man- he said "no" and did not look up from his desk. The only "nice" thing he did was allow me to use the restroom before going back to waiting in my car. I am a 23 year old- I did not think his answer was no bc he thought I was under age but I couldn't find out since he would not give me the time of day. Later, my
Mom called (while driving down) and he said he did not let me check in bc the room was not paid for. Had he asked me, we would have found out the answer and I would not of had as bad of a taste in my mouth from his rude and impersonable behavior. When I went back to check in, I was polite and he continued to look down and said "yea ok room 16".

Upon entering the room the bed had a pubic hair and long brown hair and permanent dark stains on the sheets.

1 hour and 41 minutes into my tip involving this motel an I would rather pay comparable prices at a hotel away from the ocean! That says a lot about my NEGATIVE first impression here!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to The Seahawk? Share your experiences!