My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week the last week in July-going into the first week of August! It was beautiful as usual! In June we stayed two doors down at the Best Western and found Surfside to be VERY similar. The lobby at Surfside was not as hip and updated but it was entertaining with a few saltwater fish tanks and many plants with quite a few ponds with fountains. I loved that the front desk called about 30 minutes after we got our keys to check if we needed anything (which we did, extra pillows). The front desk called again to make sure we got the extra pillows, which we didn't, but then received them shortly after the last phone call. The rooms are comfortable with beautiful views from the balcony! Beds are soft and comfy as well. There is a small table with two chairs and a bigger comfy chair with an ottoman also. Once or twice we may have heard the people above us playing music but that was in the middle of the day so not a bother...also you may hear jets once in a while because of the navy base that is close by. We didn't hear them everyday, it depends on which runway they use if you will hear them or not. The elevators were quick and the housekeepers were pleasant. The hotel accommodated our request of highest floor and away from elevator. Also at each elevator is an ice dispenser, snack and soda vending machines! There was a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in our room. Also, coffee and juice available in the lobby all day and night!
I did not try the complimentary breakfast or the restaurant
The beach was great, a short walk from the hotel, not overcrowded, very laid back and family oriented! The hotel is located about 3 hotels from the Pier and on the less crowded side of the beach! If you want more action there is a kiddie park within walking distance and you can walk down the boardwalk where the bands play all summer. There is lots to do!
I do not have any complaints other than the hotel parking garage has very tight spaces with many SUVs and oversized trucks parking way out of their lines because of how small the parking spaces are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites offers Virginia's best hotel value for your dollar. Home to the longest pleasure beach on the planet, Virginia Beach is a vacationer's paradise. Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites helps you make the most everything this vibrant city has to offer ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Oceanfront Inn And Suites
- Surfside Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Surfside Hotel Virginia Beach
- Surfside Virginia Beach