“Very enjoyable place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very enjoyable place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

All personel at hotel were very friendly and courteous. Always willing to help make your stay a pleasant one. Rooms were cleaned and linens changed daily. Only thing that needs to be improved is larger area for continental breakfast during busy times of year.

• Stayed August 2013
Kay P, Director of Sales at Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am exhilarated to see that your stay with us was very pleasant. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I always like to start with the positive (which outweighs the negative). The customer service was great, friendly, responsive and prompt. Although we only dined for the free breakfast once, it was a plus for those who are on a tighter budget or don't desire to have hot food. The apple juice was colored water. My 9 YO daughter pointed this out so it had to be bad. The pool was awesome, we usually hit it after leaving the beach - never crowded.

The room was pretty nice, but the bathroom was disgusting! There was hair in the tub, the toilet was not cleaned on the outside bottom which leads me to believe that the inside was probably just wiped down since I found pubics on it. This makes me nauseated just thinking about it. There were also small bugs (not roaches) and ants. I would recommend that Surfside hire a Cleaning Supervisor to go behind the maids - they need overseeing or lessons in cleaning.

The location and view was perfect. Parking was definitely a plus. Would I stay again, probably not since there is a newer section towards the higher numbered blocks and cleanliness is a MUST for me. I was so greatful that I packed my clorox wipes, had I not, I would have made a quick trip to CVS for some cleaning products which should not be required when we are paying so much for a Labor Day weekend. Overall, the family was happy, Mommy just hates dirt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kay P, Director of Sales at Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor and I truly apologize for the issues you had with the bathroom. I am happy that you were pleased with our customer service skills. Once again, thank you for your feedback as this will help us improve the hotel.
tazboricua68
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Eventhought I work for the competition, I stayed and will always stay at the surfside. The view is to die for, all rooms ocean front. We made a reservation for 2 night and decided to stay and extra night. Ramona and Devin went behind .com to make sure we had a room and was able to check in and out of our without having to put our stuff in the car and wait until 3pm. Eventhought their breakfast is small they gave us a coupon to eat at pier 14 great breakfast and we saved money. Giovani was so nice and friendly with my husband he made my husband feel like home at check in.. They have customers for life.. thanks for your service 5 stars. Only one minus and pool hours should be earlier.. I didn't feel like going back to the sand, it would've been nice to hang out in the pool until it was time to check out.. ;-(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Our staff tries to ensure every guest who stays with us has a great experience, and I’m happy we were able to accommodate your needs. We will be overjoyed to have you back.
Sayreville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here Labor Day weekend arriving shortly after noon on Friday. Kids were anxious to get to the beach and we didn't expect to check in for several more hours. We were given a room upon our arrival, even though the check in time wasn't until 3pm. Thank you Gio and Erin. Were given room #409. Right across from the elevators, great for us so we didn't have to carry our luggage and beach goods all the way down the hallway. Room was a perfect size, especially given the short amount of time we were going to plan to stay in our room which was basically only to sleep and bathe. 2 queen beds were more than enough for our family of 4 and the mattresses were super comfortable. Woke up every morning well rested and with no back aches. Balcony was a decent size with 2 chairs and a small table but the view was unbelievable since your looking right at the beach and water. Watch the sun rise right from your balcony for an unforgettable sight. Every room here has the same view which is a huge plus no matter what room or floor your on. Bathroom was clean with great water pressure for the showers. Air conditioner, though we couldn't control it, worked fine and kept the room at a comfortable level. House keeping did a superb job getting our room back in order. Continental breakfast while FREE was a great way to start off our day. Huge hit was the Belgium waffle makers. Oh, just be sure to bring your breakfast ticket down with you or you can't eat. The tickets are given to you at check-in and are for each morning of your stay. I was leery about parking my truck in their parking deck but rest assured my Escalade fit fine. When you exit the hotel you walk approximately 50 feet tops, and your feet touch the sandy beach. Didn't eat in the hotel restaurant so I can't comment on that. The shop had everything or anything you may have forgotten and the owner is so nice and helpful. Coffee, juices or water are available 24 hours daily in the hotel lobby and are complimentary. Trolley stop is right outside the front entrance.
A bonus, we were able to view the finish line, from our balcony, for the Virginia Beach 1/2 marathon which ended right in front of our hotel.
Tip- get the all day trolley pass for only 2 bucks good for all day and unlimited trips.
Would we stay here again?? ABSOLUTELY.
Would we recommend this hotel to friends?? ABSOLUTELY
Considering we were here for Labor Day weekend so the prices were a little higher, the total for 3 nights was 778 including taxes.
Planning our trip back to the

Room Tip: Every room has a view of the beach from the balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and by reading your review, I am glad to notice that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for staying with us over Labor Day weekend and glad that you could view the finish line for the Rock ‘N’ Roll ½ Marathon from your balcony. We cannot wait to have you and your family back. See you next time you are in Virginia Beach.
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 5 nights at the Surfside. Our check-in was great. Erin and Devin were most accommadating and very helpful with information throughout the week. The hotel is dated in some areas, but for the most part is very nice. We had a room on the 8th floor with a beautiful view....beds were very comfortable....housekeeping did a very good job. We would definately stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kay P, Director of Sales at Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent 5 night stay at Surfside Oceanfront Inn and Suites. Also, thank you for your appreciation of our excellent service and wonderful staff. We are delighted you will recommend us and welcome your return visit.
Trinidad, West Indies
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Surf side lived up to my expectations in all aspects. Despite reading some previous negative reviews here on tripadvisor, I still made the decision to head there. Was a bit pricey, I booked through booking.com and paid approx $600. for 3 nights. The negative reviews did not affect my stay, people talked about small musty hallways. I didn't come to VA to spend my time there in the hotel's hallway so that certainly didn't affect my stay. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. (Night front desk guy sherwin?) friendly girl on check in, pool night man, breakfast staff etc. sorry i didn't get your names! The location was great, right on the beach. I would definitely recommend and return to this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We are ecstatic we lived up to your expectations on your visit with us. We appreciate your review and are happy you will recommend us and look forward to your return.
Luray, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wonderful staff, great location, nice room, convenient parking, nice breakfast buffet! Great family get away! Close to the pier, great balcony, easy beach access. I will definitely stay here again next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. We are glad you had a wonderful time and will be thrilled to have you back next year.

Been to Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!