“Customer service & Accomdations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1211 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23541 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #13 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
leonardtown
“Customer service & Accomdations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Kay Parker and her staff are highly recommended, customer service was outstanding second to none) Hospitality room was perfect and the staff were always helpful. I would highly recommend the Surfside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kay P, Director of Sales at Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I will let the staff know how much their excellent customer service skills were appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel met your expectations. We look forward to your return visit.

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I made reservations and had to cancel. There was a young guy who was very rude and threatened to make charges to my credit card because he stated that I did not cancel my reservation and that he was going to charge the first full night to my card. I tried to explain that I did in fact cancel and had two confirmation emails to prove it. He kept speaking over me and then refused to give me the managers name to contact. After being adamant that I wanted to know who the manager was to contact I finally got a name and called her the very next day and she informed me of the computer glitch and resolved the situation nicely. Whomever this young guy is needs to be terminated for making threats with a customers credit card. Very unprofessional!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I sincerely apologize that you were treated rudely by one of our staff members. We will have a meeting with the front desk staff regarding this situation. I am glad that a manager was able to correct the situation to your satisfaction. Hopefully, you will return to our hotel when traveling to Virginia Beach. We have always been noticed for our excellent customer service skills. Once again, I apologize.
Palm, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Surfside. Room was nice, little on the small side, but clean. The AC unit in 703 wasn't the coolest. I'd hate to be in there in August. Nice balcony and great view of the ocean. Indoor pool was ok, could use a whirlpool though. Breakfast was standard motel fare. Couldn't beat the price and the staff was friendly. We would go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kay P, Director of Sales at Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay with us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our property. I will let the staff know that their friendliness was noticed by our guest. We look forward to your return visit.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at the Surfside Inn during the Neptune Festival. The location on the boardwalk was awesome. The room was rather plain, but comfortable. It is not the fanciest place on the beach, but I do feel it was a good value for the money. The staff was excellent and everyone we dealt with were extremely friendly. The breakfast was nothing fancy, but was sufficient to get the day started. I am definitely planning to use them again if I return to VA Beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kay P, Director of Sales at Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay. I will let the staff know that are being complimented on their excellent customer service skills. We look forward to your return if visiting Virginia Beach.
Wintersville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We reserved three rooms for one night on our way to the Outer Banks. I had found a coupon online for a substantial savings, but it said for walk-in only. Before making the reservations, I called Surfside and asked for the correct way to do it so as to be able to take advantage of the coupon rate. I was told to go ahead and make the reservations online, then to present the coupon when checking in and the rate would be applied then. When we did arrive, we were greeted by a smart mouth young guy who informed us that we were absolutely not going to get to use our coupons. What every happened to the customer is always right? Apparently they don't use that motto at the Surfside. This guy was extremely rude and would not listen to a word we said. I was promised the manager would call when she returned to work the next Tuesday; didn't happen. Other staff members besides that desk clerk were quite nice and friendly, though. As for the room, it was very clean, but do not go by the pictures on Surfside's website; couldn't be farther from the truth. The hallways are dingy with stained carpets, bad lighting and no air conditioning. Ice machines are inconveniently located only on the 6th and 7th floors.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kay P, Director of Sales at Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I apologize that you were not greeted with a warm welcome because our staff is always complimented on their friendly personality. As far as the coupon, it is a promotional discount on a walk-in basis only and I do apologize that you were misinformed.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were looking for an affordable mini-vaca at the beach and the Surfside accommodated beautifully. Location is really nice, just south of the fishing pier so maybe a little less crowded than some other areas. Also nice to have a boardwalk right down to the beach. Have to agree that the staff totally rocks - here's looking at YOU, Erin! Unusual that the balcony access is a door, not sliders, and the windows don't open. We just propped open the door for our requisite waves-crashing sleep experience. Great value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kay P, Director of Sales at Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay with us. We are delighted you had such a fabulous time while in the hotel and the south end of the beach. Also, glad you experienced the soothing sounds of the waves. I will be sure to let the staff know they "rock". Looking forward to your visit next time you are in Virginia Beach.
Ruckersville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were a little cautious at first because of the low price, but this is one of the best places that we have ever stayed at in Virginia Beach! I personally think the best part was the nice staff. Every time I would pass or see a staff member, they would ALWAYS greet me, saying "Good morning" or "Hello, how are you?" I really can't think of anything to complain about! I will definitely be staying with Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites again!

Room Tip: The parking garage for this hotel seemed a little low, but I did see a couple SUV's parked. If y...