“Had a great stay at the Ocean Key Resort” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   424 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Ranked #21 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Had a great stay at the Ocean Key Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very nice facility, great location - close to the ocean and great restaurants. The room was very comfortable and everything we needed was close by. We really enjoyed the upper floor and partial ocean view.

Room Tip: Suggest an upper floor. We stayed on the 8th and it was great
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Ocean Key Resort. I appreciate you mentioning our facility, location, and how you enjoyed the comfort of our property. We look forward to your next vacation with VSA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Darlington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Thank you MR.Mitchell and staff for another great stay. We always feel safe here! As in the past rooms are clean bathroom large and a very nice equipped kitchen. This location is close to Rudee Inlet, so if you like to fish or water sports or even just unique dining this is the perfect spot!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I appreciate your positive review of the Ocean Key Resort, and thank you vacationing with VSA every year. We appreciate you mentioning our area activities, amenities and our friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you and your family next year!
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family of 12 went to Virginia Beach over the 4th July week and had a wonderful vacation at the Ocean Keys on 5th Street. The accommodations were great and the staff there is so helpful and friendly and knowledgeable of the area. I had 4 members of my family that are single males and were told what nite spots to go to and which ones to stay away from. Ocean Keys is located on 5th street and Atlantic Avenue one block from the beach so everything is right there for easy access. The rooms are nice and clean, they have laundry facility on site, restaurant, and plenty of parking space. There is alot of activities for children to do as well as tours to Williamsburg, VA. for everyone. The manager Bill Mitchell is a great manager and the staff that he chooses are just as wonderful. Nothing is to small or large for Bill to handle and if he can't someone on his staff can help. If you want to have a great time and a vacation to remember go to Ocean Keys, VA Beach.

Room Tip: This place is located away from the shuffling crowds around 18th and above streets so the evenings a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with VSA Resorts. We are glad you enjoyed our activities, local night spots and we look forward to seeing you and your family again next year. I appreciate you mentioning our wonderful staff at the Ocean Key Resort!
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

As a timeshare owner and not at this resort I could elect to stay in many different places. I have elected to keep trading back to this resort for many reasons. Bill Mitchell has a way to keep hiring the right people to make his resort keep getting better. I have read some of the negative reviews on this site, and I will be the first to say they are not correct. This is a beach resort and yes the rooms are smaller than some that are located at my resort Regal Vistas in Massenutten. Yes I own in a top notch Timeshare. From check-in with Joso to activities with Betsy and to the countless others we had a great vacation and part of that is do to each of you. I hate that they are losing Betsy, but I am sure they will find someone almost as good. Betsy is retiring in October.
During this last visit we had a small part of a hurricane come through, and the days prior they were all super busy prepping the resort for our safety.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Pay the upgrade fee for an Ocean Front balcony if they have one open.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your great comments about your vacation exchanges at the Ocean Key Resort over the past three years. VSA Resorts looks forward to seeing you and your family next year and thank you for your kind words regarding Joso, Betsy and myself.
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had an 8th floor unit with an awesome view of the bay last week of June. Unit is comfortable, staff very attentive, activities for children and adults were incredible. South end of the beach is much more relaxing but very easy to get to the busier end of the beach with the shuttle - just buy a pass for a couple of days or even the whole week.

Morning water zumba was fun. Invite me for wine and cheese in the activities center and I'll be there! Great opportunity to meet other vacationers. My grandson loved the air hockey, couldn't get enough. Weather was great and really enjoyed dinning on the board walk listening to the live bands. Enjoying adults only swim/hot tub was a great close to our busy days, Hated to have my vacation end but I will be back, if not this summer off season is great in VA Beach also.

Room Tip: Get the balcony. Also a shuttle bus pass and park your car and leave it parked!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
It’s a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your vacation at the Ocean Key Resort and that you took advantage of our great activities and amenities. We look forward to you and your family’s return to VSA Resorts.
Indiana, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family and I stayed here from 6/13 to 6/20/14 for a vacation from rainy western PA. I had stayed there about five years ago. Wow what a great improvement! The staff were all friendly, cheerful and helpful. The manager was available and friendly. Our two bedroom unit was we equipped, clean and allowed us to cook in comfortably.
I like the less crowded southern end of the beach, which was handy to shops if you needed anything. The weather was beautiful all week and the indoor pool was great for the kids. I liked that they had times set aside for adult use, only.
The activity program offered a nice variety , as well.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with VSA Resorts. I look forward to seeing you and your family again soon; we appreciate your mentioning our friendly, cheerful and helpful team at the Ocean Key Resort. I’m glad you enjoyed our variety of activities and adult swim times selected.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I've owned at Ocean Key Time Share since the early 1990's. We bought because it was a great place for our children. They loved the beach, the boardwalk and all the attractions that we could go to in town and in the area. Of course, we traded in RCI for other places, but we loved to come back to Ocean Key. I love my ocean facing balcony and the king sized bed is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. My children are grown so it's a great place to bring other friends and family to now and we all have a great time. This indoor pool and whirlpool are just right for my aging bones. Come and enjoy your vacation here.

Room Tip: Choose a unit with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your vacation and timeshare ownership experience at the Ocean Key Resort. I am pleased that you and your family have enjoyed your vacations with VSA Resorts and RCI for so many years,we appreciate your ownership!

Been to Ocean Key Resort? Share your experiences!