“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Smithfield, Virginia
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently stayed at Ocean Key Resort I had a wonderful visit. The staff was great; very, respectful and courteous. The rooms were nice and clean. Plenty of towels, pillows and bed linen. The bed was HUGE; I also liked the kissing Swans that were made out of towels on my bed. I took advantaged of all the amenities that were made available to me swimming pool, game room, workout room, balcony and so much more. They even have a restaurant on site that will deliver to your room. I order a pizza and sub; honesty by the time I went downstairs to get a soda the delivery guy was bringing my food. I loved this stay and I plan on returning soon.

Room Tip: "you want to stay at the best hotel on the Ocean Front stay at Ocean Key Resort"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing Ocean Key Resort. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our amenities and our restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to include our staff in your feedback. VSA Resorts looks forward to welcoming you again in the future.

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Abington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The location was perfect. One block away from the beach. Just far enough away from the hustle and bustle. The resort was very nicely decorated and well equiped for our week's stay. The units were very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. Everyone greeted you with a smile on their face. The parking was free. The only time we used the car was to go grocery shopping. Everything we wanted to do was within walking distance. Virginia Beach has changed alot since we were last there over 15 years ago. Not the "old boardwalk". It is now cement with easy access for bicycles and roller blades. The old buildings and stores have now been replaced with nice hotels and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I know you have many vacation options to choose from in Virginia Beach and I thank you for choosing the Ocean Key Resort!. I am pleased that you enjoyed our amenities and nicely designed resort and thank you for taking the time to include our staff in your feedback.
Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is located right near the beach. The rooms were clean and spacious. The hotel provides everything you would need for the kitchen. The activity center located on the 3rd floor has a great gym, game and lounge area. There is also a deck area with great views of the beach and the bay. The staff was great and helpful. There is also a pizza restaurant located in the lobby with great food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Ocean Key Resort. Our team works very hard and it shows so I thank you for sharing your feedback. Visit us again in the future at VSA!
Peekskill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a great resort. The rooms were spic/span clean. I was amazed at how well I slept in the bed which was so comfortable. The location was perfect - you could see the beach from your windows and there were alot of amenities nearby. Restaurant inside which made it easy to call for a late nite snack and have it delivered to your room. My husband and I used the gym and checked out their fabulous game/movie room. I absolutely cannot forget the wonderful staff on hand whom really made you feel at home. My husband was so impressed with this hotel that he is ready to make arrangements to come back again - sooooon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to share your vacation experience with the Ocean Key Resort. I am glad you and your family enjoyed our amenities and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

i recently found this to be a pleasant weekend vacation. I stayed at this resort and must say the staff was very polite not to mention well dressed. It showed this was a classy hotel. The rooms were very clean. The bed was so large, comfortable and consumed your body to a pleasand sleep. There was also a nice gym with all the equipment you need. There was a restaurant on site that stayed open til 3am. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing Ocean Key Resort. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our amenities. Thank you for taking the time to include our staff and restaurant in your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff was very concerned about our stay . My wife and I have been owners for over 15 years and this has been our best vacation here ever. Hats off to Bill and his entire team of front desk , house cleaning and faclities .

Room Tip: The rooms are very clean.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I am extremely happy to hear that we continue to deliver the service you have grown to expect and deserve. I am personally thankful you took the time to acknowledge our team for their hard work. We value your ownership and loyalty to the Ocean Key Resort and VSA, and are committed to doing our very best to delivering memorable vacations to you and your family. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Sandwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I arrived about 11am for check-in realizing we're only about four hours early. Staff suggested we use the pool/hot tub, etc while they got the room ready. Very happy that we were able to check in about 1pm. I reserved, what I thought from Expedia, an oceanfront room. However, upon arriving I was told by staff that third party booking agency can't guarantee anything and so I was not put in an ocean front room-disappointing. Room had a slight smell to it. Unfortunately the windows don't open and we had no balcony, so the air becomes pretty stale. You'll need to leave your room for any fresh air. We found the pool and hot tub placed in the lobby a little strange. It's a little awkward being in bathing suits while others are roaming around the lobby fully clothed looking in on you. The fitness center was pretty light with equipment, but it sufficed for vacation. They told me they're getting new equipment within the year. One of the dryers on the sixth floor didn't work the whole week, despite the front desk being notified by myself and other guests. However, there was no note and others kept using it with their clothes remaining wet. Kitchen area very tiny, but adequate for my wife and I. We enjoyed our stay there but don't think we'd go back. Instead would much prefer a room that has a balcony and at least a window that opens for fresh air.

Room Tip: If you want ocean front, as I did when ordering through Expedia ensuring that's what you're...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I apologize that our accommodations did not meet your expectations and I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us. We use our customer feedback to make improvements to our resort property and I appreciate that you will visit us in the future.

Been to Ocean Key Resort? Share your experiences!