I really have to wonder about the previous review. A Hilton owner exchanges into a non-Hilton resort and compares it to such. The reviewer also has the expectation to be upgraded to a unit with a balcony without paying the upgrade fee. I guess their Hilton ownership gives them a sense of entitlement. The reviewer was disappointed. Perhaps her expectations would have been met if she had stayed at the Hilton in VA Beach. Ocean Key shouldn't be dinged for the choice that the reviewer made. Ocean Key does not tout itself as a Hilton-type property.
We checked in on Friday, 6/8 and stayed through 6/10. Yes, these units are small. However, I have stayed at most of the timeshare resorts in Virginia Beach over the years and small units are typical. No, I wouldn't want to put four into one of these units, but that could be said for just about any timeshare or hotel that I have stayed in at VA Beach.
The unit was very clean and well-equipped. We were in a 5th floor unit. Yes, I chose to use the steps up and down (except for check-in/check-out) because the two elevators usually required wait times. Again, this is something I have experienced at most timeshares and hotels in VA Beach.
While across the street from the beach, it is located on the corner with a traffic light and cross-walk and we never had a problem crossing. As soon as you crossed, you were on the boardwalk within a few steps and at a beach access.
Any staff that I encountered during my stay, were always nice and friendly, and spoke if you passed them.
There is no cleaning service during the week; however, towels and linens can be changed out 9:00 am - 9:00 pm. A vacuum is provided in the unit.
There is a small pool and hot tub located in the lobby. There is on-site parking and most of it is covered. We never had a problem finding a parking space. We did order take-out from the on-site restaurant. It was okay, but I would probably never eat there again. The food was mediocre and there are just too many other options within walking distance of the resort.
I would happily return to Ocean Key in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at a VSA Resort gives you all the comforts of home without having to mow the lawn, do the dishes, or fold the laundry. We love having fun with our guests and strive to give each person–big and small, young and young at heart–the best vacation memories possible.The Ocean Key Resort is located at the serene south end of Virginia Beach, the 142 unit smoke-free resort offers a family-oriented atmosphere with beach accents and soft colors. All vacation units are two-room suites with kitchenettes.On site amenities include:• 24 hour front desk service• Daily activities for all ages• Indoor Pool• Indoor Jacuzzi• Fitness Center• Activities Center & Gaming Room• Party Deck & Sun Patio• On-site parking• Complimentary guest laundry facilities• Complimentary wireless internet access• Complimentary tanning • Harris Teeter on-line shopping & grocery deliveryUnit amenities include:• King size pillow-top mattress• Queen size sleeper sofa• Kitchenettes with smooth top burners, convection/microwave oven, dishware, cookware, glassware and utensils• Full size refrigerator• Dishwasher• 2 flat screen televisions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Ocean Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Key Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Key Virginia Beach
- Ocean Key Resort Virginia Beach Virginia
- Ocean Key Resort Va Beach