My husband and I stayed at this resort from 6/1 until 6/8 as an exchange through RCI for a one-bedroom suite. The unit itself was rather small and quite dark. The furniture was rather uncomfortable but the TV's were large and mounted on the wall. The lighting was terrible and the only daylight was from the small window in the bedroom. There was no balcony and the room did not face the ocean, it faced the parking lot. When we asked about an ocean view room, we were told we could upgrade for $50/night. That would have cost more than our entire exchange fee for the week.
There is no usual mid-week cleaning. If you wanted clean linens you had to bring them to housekeeping and exchange them and then make the bed yourself. Not something I wish to do while on vacation! The elevators were painfully slow. Sometimes you had to wait a full five minutes or more. It's not like there are dozens of floors; they just move really sloooooooow. They did provide Wi-Fi, however, you had to login every few minutes as it kept switching back to 3G on my phone and my husbands as well. The guests on our floor were very noisy and rowdy, not what I expect from a time-share.
Lest you think it was all bad, the bed was comfortable and the unit was well stocked with dishes, pans, cooking utensils, etc. The bathroom had a hair dryer and soap and shampoo in containers on the wall. While there was no mid-week cleaning, it was clean when we arrived. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The resort is located across the street from the beach and there are a lot of good restaurants around (just don't go to the one in the lobby, Roma's). See my separate review of them.
Oh, and one more thing - they do not have any luggage racks in the whole place. How can you operate a hotel/time-share resort without luggage racks? I had to use two of the kitchen chairs to unload my suitcase. Annoying. All in all a disappointment. Maybe my standards as a Hilton time-share owner are too high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at a VSA Resort gives you all the comforts of home without having to mow the lawn, do the dishes, or fold the laundry. We love having fun with our guests and strive to give each person–big and small, young and young at heart–the best vacation memories possible.The Ocean Key Resort is located at the serene south end of Virginia Beach, the 142 unit smoke-free resort offers a family-oriented atmosphere with beach accents and soft colors. All vacation units are two-room suites with kitchenettes.On site amenities include:• 24 hour front desk service• Daily activities for all ages• Indoor Pool• Indoor Jacuzzi• Fitness Center• Activities Center & Gaming Room• Party Deck & Sun Patio• On-site parking• Complimentary guest laundry facilities• Complimentary wireless internet access• Complimentary tanning • Harris Teeter on-line shopping & grocery deliveryUnit amenities include:• King size pillow-top mattress• Queen size sleeper sofa• Kitchenettes with smooth top burners, convection/microwave oven, dishware, cookware, glassware and utensils• Full size refrigerator• Dishwasher• 2 flat screen televisions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Ocean Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Key Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Key Virginia Beach
- Ocean Key Resort Virginia Beach Virginia
- Ocean Key Resort Va Beach