“beautiful city” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #41 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“beautiful city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

my family had a wonderful time staying at the best western plus. the kids loved the indoor pool n workout room. the breakfast was awesome nice n hot an a big variety to choose from. would stay again for sure.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel was on the ocean front and very nice. Parking was limited to one space per room. We had two cars so that was not convenient. The view was great and the rooms were clean. There was a microwave and frig in the room.

NB, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We searched on the internet for weeks for a decent hotel and read all types of reviews. We booked another hotel but we decided to take a chance w/ Best Western instead and we are so glad we did! The view was the BEST, we even added a night! My husband loved the HOT breakfast each day, & the elevators were not as slow as some had stated. Our stay was well worth it!! We plan on going back in Oct!! PICK BEST WETERN AND HAVE A GREAT TIME! One thing that did tick my husband, was the parking, but the available park across the street in the garage is secure, they have security checking it on a daily basic!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed at this BW+ just before Easter and it was fully booked all week. Weather was cold and very windy, not beach weather, so we relaxed with other attractions. Staff was friendly and very helpful, room was spacious, very clean and although we did not need full service every day, they made sure we had enough supplies, towels and empty garbage tins, and they would check later on if we changed our mind. The restaurant -- Shoreline Grill-- service, food quality was average, however the complimentary breakfast was excellent. Wifi reception was a bit weak in our room, we were in one of the end rooms, maybe at the end of the signal range. Would stay here again.

Blackstone, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have actually booked this hotel a few times when traveling to VA Beach. It is very nice at an affordable price. The location is awesome... especially if traveling with kids (we have 4). It is close to King Neptune and the playground directly beside it. Sweet Frog is right across the street, as well as several beach shops and a convenience store.
The staff here is always very friendly, and very accommodating. We forgot our toothbrushes and they were more than happy to give us complimentary ones.
The rooms I have stayed in have been very clean. Plenty of toiletries. I like the firm beds, and the pillows are fine.
I'll admit it, and this is important to lots of people like my husband and kids, when we all travel together we end up here for the breakfast. I find it completely adequate, especially considering it is free. I'll give the rundown.... eggs, potatoes, sausage, french toast and waffles, parfait bar, cereal and milk, pastries, english muffins and breads, fruits, several juices, two coffee bars.... and I'm sure I forgot a few. Either way, my kids nor my picky husband have ever complained, and they are a bunch of 'foodies'.
The indoor pool is very warm during the off season (which makes me happy) but it is VERY crowded, pretty much all the time. I saw them replace towels twice in the hour and a half we were in there.
The fitness center faces out to the boardwalk, which I enjoy.
The arcade games are ancient, but I like a throwback Ms. Pacman every now and then.

It was very noisy when we were there, HOWEVER it was spring break week. We didn't complain... the hotel can't control every single person staying there.

All and all, it is an enjoyable place to stay. Its not a resort, but then again, it definitely isn't a resort price. We rented two rooms for what I have paid for just one in the same area. Give it a shot; for the price you can't regret it.

Room Tip: be aware there are two buildings... one right on the boardwalk, one across the street (those rooms a...
Blackstone, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We have used this hotel several times over the years to travel with our children. The staff is always friendly and helpful, and we have NEVER encountered an unfriendly person there (which is a large reason why we have chosen this particular hotel more than once). The rooms are adequate for what you pay. I have never had an experience there where the cleanliness needed to be addressed. The breakfast is amazing... its HOT FOOD... not just a tray of donuts. Because this is important to a lot of travelers with kids... I will give you the rundown: Eggs, potatoes, sausage, french toast and waffles, parfait bar, cereals, breads, english muffins, pastries, fruits, several juices, granola.... and more. Complimentary breakfast. AND they offer you a discount if you eat in the on site restaurant ( I believe its 20%). The indoor pool is very warm during the off season and the fitness center looks out toward the boardwalk. Close to King Neptune and the play area there. Sweet Frog is right across the street. So are several small shops, and a convenience store. Great for traveling with kids (we have 4). We forgot our toothbrushes, and they were more than happy to let us have some (thank you!).

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The stay I had was fine didnt have a complant at all I was told 79.00 across the street to stay or 89.00 to stay by the beach I chose the beach so I could see the water after we checked out we looked at the credit card statement it came to 121.00 now I know taxes are not that much when I called about it they got nasty and said it was 99.00 to stay by the beach and 89.00 to be across the street they problyed lied to alot of people that go there I wouldnt go back you cant trust them they can lie about that so what else would they lie about feel like giving free money away go for it you maybe out a few hundreds on you card

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!